Presets MASTER THREAD - AustinBuddy's 1400+ NAKED AMPS TonePack for firmware Cygnus X2

Third party presets and packs for Fractal Audio products
Holy heck. I didn’t think these could get any better but you have done it again.

Got stuck on the Supro patch for far longer than I expected!
Awesome. I refined that LedZep Tele 1st album preset again, it works for Good Times/Bad Times but all Whole Lotta Love too...

Ian - I have some new favorites coming out of this round of updates. You'll note all the Splawn amp models got their own presets this time...thick chunky goodness. My admiration for the Diezels continues to grow, that is one helluva versatile amp. The 1987x X is good...but I must say all the Friedmans are as good as any newer Marshall.

The Komet K60 caught my ear this time... and I am still in love with the unique crunch of the Ampeg SVT for Guitar.

And grab a Strat and go to Vibroking 06 "Big Spring Reverb Strat". Try it as is, but if you need to, click on the Filter block at 5.1 with a Strat and heavier strings (Eb tuning is fine). I played that for an hour today - I WAS Ronnie Earl and a little SRV too!

Some of these presets will get better over time as we really get into finessing the Cab IRs, that's really the key magic ingredient... I'm still searching for that special magic Greenback cab IR that makes me only want to use it and no other...

No. You can turn it off if you want. The awesome freeware (but give him money!) FracTool can probably do it globally for you.
I was just genuinely curious how to use it. I know it’s difficult to get the timing perfect on the looper sometimes. I wasn’t sure what it would quantize to.

I’ve been meaning to play around with the looper but I keep getting sucked into everything else. It’s mighty big sandbox.

I was just genuinely curious how to use it. I know it’s difficult to get the timing perfect on the looper sometimes. I wasn’t sure what it would quantize to.

I’ve been meaning to play around with the looper but I keep getting sucked into everything else. It’s mighty big sandbox.
It'll quantize to a beat. So your loop isn't off by a fraction of an eighth note or some such.

Last edited:
So, you need the tempo set correctly?

Just use Tap Tempo on an FC foot controller (or front panel) to the tempo of the guitar loop you want to lay down and play...If you do this for some time working with a looper, with practice, you can get pretty good at it. and hitting it right on. The added bonus is, if the delays are set to temp, they'll be on time too.

I put together a quick reference for the presets/scenes.

Use the "0 Start" PDF if your first preset starts at "0".
Use the "1 Start" PDF if you first preset starts at "1".

Attachments

• AustinBuddy Presets (0 Start).pdf
    76.9 KB · Views: 40
  • AustinBuddy Presets (1 Start).pdf
    87.8 KB · Views: 33
I put together a quick reference for the presets/scenes.

Use the "0 Start" PDF if your first preset starts at "0".
Use the "1 Start" PDF if you first preset starts at "1".

Thank you jma! Do you want to upload your 3 sheet preset/scene list as .pdf here too?

These are tremendous, dude, incorporating most of the best parts of recent advances and additions... thanks again for your devotion to detail.

A couple things I noticed from playing around with these:
  • The Skullcruster Hot Chords scene had both amps bypassed. I tried them both individually and thought the 'top' amp fit the Hot Chord description better, but I imagine this is a mistake.
  • The More Mark IV preset has a '*' but no single coil scenes, as far as I can tell.
I'm having a great time organizing these things. I'll replace the factory preset with one of yours, then get stuck playing it. So I've been making slow progress!

Back
Top Bottom