Friedman BE

I used to think these amps were too dark but mids, the right IR, back the bass down a touch and bamm! Thanks to Leon's videos that got me psyched about the amp! Looking to buy a real 100w BE Deluxe later this month!

I'll ck yours out later, thanks!

Hi Dariosicily,
I loaded your BE....it is VERY good, thank you !
Can you comment on your scenes, and what you are using the COMP, PEQ'sand Drives for? Is one your lead scene ?

Thank you from Toronto, CANADA.

Let me see if instagram can be useful :

In this video I added a stereo delay and a bit of mastering though

Hi Dariosicily,
I loaded your BE....it is VERY good, thank you !
Can you comment on your scenes, and what you are using the COMP, PEQ'sand Drives for? Is one your lead scene ?

Thank you from Toronto, CANADA.

Ciao Ted,
well actually as I mentioned here or in Instagram, the amp and cab blocks are almot untouched Austin Buddy's work, which once again are absolutely fantastic....
at the point that the rest of the preset has become pretty much my standard preset for almost all amps, with some tweaking of course... and then I just change the amp and cab and it's ready to go!

My concept with the AX8 is to have 9 presets with 9 different amps, which I pick up live basing on what song |'m gonna play.

Each preset steps like :

- comp - which rounds and pushes the amp from crunch to round and leading crunch -
- drives - I prefer timothy, tube screamer or Klon-like, cascaded to modulate the gain, trying to keep each drive's gain around 2, max 3 'cause - as in reality - when the final stage tube are saturated you can't push too much or you get mud
- amp and cab, using AB's "x" in scene 1 and "y" (more gain) in scene 2
- PEQ(1) is the solo booster, 5.3 dB when I play with another guitar or keyboard, 3.3 dB if I play with bass and drum only.
- PEQ(2) is something I added very recently, and it's key for me.... I realized that listening to myself in recordings, live and everywhere, all the presets needed a cut on 3.2 to 3.6 KHz...... without going crazy on each amp, I added this filter and tweaked a bit the gain and curves... and now that it is, refine the cut sometimes on some amps and listening back I try to fine tune again, but now I love what I ear.
- BucketBrigade delay
- Reverb
(I like several types but keeping mix around 6 to 8%)

In some presets I add Tremolo, Classic Vibe, or a Wha.

I haven't had memory issues for a while.

I use the expression pedal almost only for volume swells, and wha.

As for the scenes, recently I use

-Scene1 --> Low gain, almost clean amp (x) with just reverb
-Scene2 --> cranked amp (y) with reverb
-scene 4 (pressing F2 and fsw 4 in all presets) I think in this preset is S3 with fsw? I'm not in front of the Ax8 sorry --> full steam ahead for solo: cranked amp (y) with drive on, boost PEQ on, delay on

On presets where I have spare fsw I set scene 1,2,4 with a fsw each, otherwise I sacrifice scene 1 (which I don't use much) and then scene4.

My solo PEQ is always fsw 4, and I always try to have fsw for comp, drive, delay to see whether they're on and turn on/off.

I've basically found that if I use too many scenes, if I change this with each amp, I end up not knowing how the hell each preset works, so I keep this template for all 9 presets.
I need a simple scheme to work, to concentrate on music. I hate getting lost with switches while I play.

I couldn't be happier with the result.

I see that your secret weapon is the FAT switch, thanks for sharing brother!

Ciao,

well as I mentioned before (perhaps in Instagram where this started, and where I was asked to share the preset, so that I opened this thread) the amp and cab block are Austin Buddy's, so all credits go to him. I think it's ok to share here, right?

This is the great value of AB's pack, I just picked up the amp and cab and cook the rest to my needs, knowing that the amp sounds ""at its best" as a basis and then I can tweak it and that it's at same dB level as the others (ABs') when played live - which is a huge point if you had struggled yourself to make this happen by yourself....

This goes to the point that when I read your post I had to think twice and realize you refer to the FAT switch of the amp that AB decided to push to make it sound fantastic as it does.

Yeah, I compared the X and Y states in the amp block, since the drive, overdrive and master volume parameters are the same I infered that the big difference between both states is the FAT switch, now I see that the amp presence and the cab hi cut settings are very different too...

Yeah, I compared the X and Y states in the amp block, since the drive, overdrive and master volume parameters are the same I infered that the big difference between both states is the FAT switch, now I see that the amp presence and the cab hi cut settings are very different too...

The first aim of x-y is to have different input gain, from which he spent hard work to re-balance everything to get THE SOUND and have same output volume and presence etc etc...

I often find that scene x even in rock music can be even more satisfying than an harder y scene, to my surprise (this happen with his JCM800 preset e.g.).

This is one of the magics of Fractal's.... you learn A LOT about setting and using amps, you start learning how a properly set and cranked amp can give you what you've been looking thourgh drive pedals and all the stuff, and therefore your sound IMPROVES a lot!

I used to have a 2061x Marhsall, Deluve 65 reisuee etc etc but never learned... too much volume, atteuators suck.... never ending story as usual

Ciao,

well as I mentioned before (perhaps in Instagram where this started, and where I was asked to share the preset, so that I opened this thread) the amp and cab block are Austin Buddy's, so all credits go to him. I think it's ok to share here, right?

This is the great value of AB's pack, I just picked up the amp and cab and cook the rest to my needs, knowing that the amp sounds ""at its best" as a basis and then I can tweak it and that it's at same dB level as the others (ABs') when played live - which is a huge point if you had struggled yourself to make this happen by yourself....

This goes to the point that when I read your post I had to think twice and realize you refer to the FAT switch of the amp that AB decided to push to make it sound fantastic as it does.
The question of you sharing a mostly @austinbuddy preset is A TRICKY ONE, especially if you, as you admit , did not make modifications to Amp and Cab block..Buddy is a very cool guy, and I am sure he appreciates you giving him credit (I have been a vocal supporter of his work since the first Naked amps packs , and still believe that any Axe user who does not OWN at least one of his packs is missing out big time...)but technically, 3rd party commercial presets should not be shared directly, without specific permission. ..on the other hand, if just a few of the folk here who downloaded and loved your appropriation, go to www.austinbuddy.com. Now. And buy what so many power users here supports and endorses, then everybody wins.

The question of you sharing a mostly @austinbuddy preset is A TRICKY ONE, especially if you, as you admit , did not make modifications to Amp and Cab block..Buddy is a very cool guy, and I am sure he appreciates you giving him credit (I have been a vocal supporter of his work since the first Naked amps packs , and still believe that any Axe user who does not OWN at least one of his packs is missing out big time...)but technically, 3rd party commercial presets should not be shared directly, without specific permission. ..on the other hand, if just a few of the folk here who downloaded and loved your appropriation, go to www.austinbuddy.com. Now. And buy what so many power users here supports and endorses, then everybody wins.

I totally agree,
this started from an instagram of mine with a FAS-like hashtag and a guy who asked me to share the preset
It could be a promo or a loss for Austin, should he think this is not appropriate I will remove it asap.

Cool, Dario, thanks . At the risk of looking like a forum narc, I did inform Buddy by PM of this so you will likely see his response at some point.....(BTW Austin is his city not his name, SicilyDario......;)

Ciao Ted,
well actually as I mentioned here or in Instagram, the amp and cab blocks are almot untouched Austin Buddy's work, which once again are absolutely fantastic....
at the point that the rest of the preset has become pretty much my standard preset for almost all amps, with some tweaking of course... and then I just change the amp and cab and it's ready to go!

Hi Dario: First am so glad you like the AustinBuddy presets. You are using exactly as intended - basic tone ready to go, just added your effects and scenes to taste and "last-mile" little tweak to your own guitars and playing style, and spend more time playing than programming. That makes me happy. Appreciate you also crediting AustinBuddy in your posts - thank you! Also the Axe-Fx really does the Friedmans so well!

As a general policy, I do ask that you or others not post or share commerical presets that I create and sell (even thought this now is arguably half yours with your effects!).

I totally get why you did it and your spirit of wanting to share with others. It would be best in future if you (or any others) would not post any actual Naked Amps or Dream Rigs amp+cabs- based presets on the forum or other public places -- although videos of you playing them are always welcome! However, just this time, I'm not going to specifically request you take this specific Friedman one down though, as you did not know (that's your own call). Appreciate it!

Ciao,

The cab is stock right?

Back
Top Bottom