Axe-Fx III Recording Problem -- USB Problem (?)

jhpearce

I'm hoping someone will kindly help me with a recording problem. I have the same issue in both Reaper and FL Studio. Basically, the DAW is not receiving an uninterrupted guitar signal. The signal is dropping-out once every second or so. When I look at the FASUSBAudio Control Panel, it's alternating between "ASIO active (PCM mode)" and "ASIO not active" at the same rate of every second or so.

I've reloaded the USB driver and rebooted everything several times. No change. I haven't swapped-out the USB cable yet, since it worked fine with my Axe-FX II and there's never been a hitch with FractalBot or AxeEdit.

My Reaper audio settings are attached along with a shot of the FASUSBAudio Control Panel.

Thanks

Attachments

• Reaper Audio Settings.png
    Reaper Audio Settings.png
    30.5 KB · Views: 25
  • Control Panel Not Active.png
    Control Panel Not Active.png
    7.9 KB · Views: 19
  • Control Panel Active.png
    Control Panel Active.png
    8.2 KB · Views: 19
I'm having the exact same problem with Reaper. My Reaper screen looks identical to your screenshots. However, the control panel always reads "ASIO not active". I am also having performance issues. I've swapped ports and cables.

Last edited:
I've also reinstalled the latest USB firmware and drivers. Not sure what to do. Could it be that the "ASIO not active" message is not correct? How would I verify?

I guess no one else is having a similar situation. I'll contact support if it's just me. "ASIO not active" is not something I want to ignore without further information.

Windows 10, latest Axe software/firmware.

Back
Top Bottom