TUTORIAL: In depth MFC-101 programming guide for the Axe-Fx III

Me again.. finally got my III, so I need to get my MFC101 setup until I can find an FC12 or something else..

My question is: is there any way to bulk transfer the (let’s say 77 based on my 5 scenes setup as discussed above..) presets from my III to the MFC101 with IA initial states? Or do you I have to stop the midi connection and manually adjust all IA states on the MFC101 for each preset (as described in the tutorial from the OP)?

Thx!

States need to be set manually on MFC. It should be fine to keep MFC MIDI Out connected to Axe during this step.

That’s what I figured.. a lot of work.. but Hey, i guess it makes you think twice about which presets you ‘really’ need! ;-)

Thx for reply!

That’s what I figured.. a lot of work.. but Hey, i guess it makes you think twice about which presets you ‘really’ need! ;-)

Thx for reply!
I found a solution for this problem and use it for months. I built a Hatdware Addon called JORDI-Board and you get all states Of your effect blocks shown on your MFC. And much more like preset AND scene names, tuner, etc. For more informations visit https://midimonkeys.com

I found a solution for this problem and use it for months. I built a Hatdware Addon called JORDI-Board and you get all states Of your effect blocks shown on your MFC. And much more like preset AND scene names, tuner, etc. For more informations visit https://midimonkeys.com
I can confirm this. I own the Jordi Board for about a month and it works fine. I can finally use my MFC again without major changes in the settings. A great little helper.

Thx guys. I had seen that, but I must admit I was somewhat intimidated by the fact that it looked like you needed to be an electronic wizard in order to figure this thing out! So is there a way to order this fully assembled and in an enclosure? And if so what would be the cost for that? Please keep in mind I'm in Canada.. Cheers!

Thx guys. I had seen that, but I must admit I was somewhat intimidated by the fact that it looked like you needed to be an electronic wizard in order to figure this thing out! So is there a way to order this fully assembled and in an enclosure? And if so what would be the cost for that? Please keep in mind I'm in Canada.. Cheers!

There is a way to order it assembled. No problem.

A enclosure doesn't exisit yet. I am working on a simple 3D-printed enclosure but I cannot test the print at the moment. It is in service. :(

So what would be the approximate cost for an assembled one? Shipped to Ottawa, ON, Canada?

Don`t forget to turn the english subtitles on in the youtube video :)

In this tutorial you will find step-by-step instructions in 5 steps on how to configure the MFC-101 so that you can control the following functions of the Axe-Fx III and always keep track of current switching states.

You`ll find the 12 sites in depth TUTORIAL PDF file in a english (thanks to DeepL translator) and german versions here:
https://www.cabir.eu/content/13-mfc101-for-axefx3

This was lot`s of work, but i hope it will help some guys to learn their MFC-101 better. Also i referenced all the settings to the actual MFC-101 Manual. Furthermore, you`ll find a complete default CC# nomenclatura with maximal 127 CC# entries for the MIDI/Remote Menu!

When using Axe efx 3 with MFC 101 III pedal do we need the MFC editor software to do the sync ? I already got Frac tool, down loaded the instructions. I understand step 1.MIDI mode on the Axe efx 3 and assigning the parameters. I am trying to understand that in the next instructions that says (MFC :101 Preparations Step 2), that do we need to download the editor software to continue on with the steps? I don't have one and I went on the Axe efx Main website to order it. Some how I think it obviously is not for purchase. Is it still available elsewhere. If so can some one let me me know where to find this MFC EDITOR software to proceed the Axe efx 3 and MFC 101 sync? Please help me, Thank you!

Mfc does not communicate the expression pedal to my axe 3 what am i missing
You've provided almost no information, so it's going to be hard to help.

Did you calibrate the pedal and is the calibration working as expected?

What CC# did you assign to the pedal on the MFC?

What did you assign that CC# to control on the Axe Fx?

This is really really helpful !!! Thanks a lot !! 🙏🙏🙏
I will gonna buy in a couple of weeks an Axe FX3 in a couple of weeks, still have my Axe FX2 with the MFC101 MKIII and I'm want to use it, I think is a very powerfull "board" that I can squeeze for a while until I decide for a FC6 or FC12 and of course until the money comes...

Hey all

Not sure if people are still looking for a Mark III backup, but I've finished setting up my MFC Mark III with the axefx III and it's all working well.
You'll need to setup the axefx as per the instructions in the tutorial. I've set this up to use the lower 5 buttons as 5 scenes and the remaining buttons as effect switches. Feel free to modify the CC numbers to get the effects you want in the place you want.

See the attached image for the effect locations as I set them.
Thanks for your .SYX file ready for the MFC MK3 but I can't transfer to it...trying to use the MFC EDITOR and the Fractal-Bot but nothing happens, also i'm trying to upload the SYX posted by @Morphosis but I can't....

Any help on this...?
Thanks in advance...

Don`t forget to turn the english subtitles on in the youtube video :)

In this tutorial you will find step-by-step instructions in 5 steps on how to configure the MFC-101 so that you can control the following functions of the Axe-Fx III and always keep track of current switching states.

You`ll find the 12 sites in depth TUTORIAL PDF file in a english (thanks to DeepL translator) and german versions here:
https://www.cabir.eu/content/13-mfc101-for-axefx3

This was lot`s of work, but i hope it will help some guys to learn their MFC-101 better. Also i referenced all the settings to the actual MFC-101 Manual. Furthermore, you`ll find a complete default CC# nomenclatura with maximal 127 CC# entries for the MIDI/Remote Menu!

Need help !!!

Hello everyone and @Morphosis !!! I know this is an old topic but I bought my Axe3 from a friend who leaves the country and I don't have right the way to get a FC controller, so I have to use my MFC101 MK3... I just follow your Tutorial but I cannot achieve the change of presets like you show in your video, I just can switch trough Scenes (in my case just 5) but when I'm trying to change presets the MFC returns to a previous Scenen in the same Preset and jumps and go forward/backguard or simply jumps 5 presets more ( I start on 1 and jumps to 6 ) I really don't know at this point what to do. I just reset the MFC to his factory settings and restore your Syx file previosuly converted for MK3 version and the same, rearrange the number of scenes to 5 and nothing happens. Also I tryie other configs from @sopachrga @chucma @negativefx and @Home Skillet but nothing....Foloow some instructions from @unix-guy and I can be total dumb coz I don't know how this thing works fine for all but for me...:(

Right know I have mess on my head...

If someone can help me I will appreciated A LOOOOTTTT !!!

Back
Top Bottom