FC Internal Firmware 1.06

Seemed to stick on the Failsafe screen.
This means the update failed (likely a communications failure). When we have the FC and Fractal-Bot playing nicely together it will alert you when this happens. By its nature, utility mode does not provide any feedback.

One small tip that saves a ton of time is that you don't need to power cycle the axe at all, just pull the faslink cable to reboot the fc
when i made the video, i wasn't told 100% that you could hot-swap by unplugging the cable. however, later i was told directly that you can do this without damage. i'll try to add an annotation on the YouTube video.

when i made the video, i wasn't told 100% that you could hot-swap by unplugging the cable. however, later i was told directly that you can do this without damage. i'll try to add an annotation on the YouTube video.
There was a recent post in another thread that said it's stated in the manual. I didn't recall ever seeing that but I confirmed it was there.

Nice to have it official :)

This update is amazing. Thank you Fractal team for your work on this, and Chris, for your excellent video(s).

One question: since updating to FC fw 1.06, the FC6 takes about 15 seconds to boot when I power cycle the Axe III. It seemed much faster before; is this normal behavior?

When unplugging/plugging in the FC6 without power cycling the Axe III, it still boots very quickly.

One question: since updating to FC fw 1.06, the FC6 takes about 15 seconds to boot when I power cycle the Axe III. It seemed much faster before; is this normal behavior?

When unplugging/plugging in the FC6 without power cycling the Axe III, it still boots very quickly.
When you reboot the Axe III, the FC takes exactly as long to boot as the AXE III. It's always been that way. The FC doesn't have anything to communicate with until the Axe III comes alive. It has to wait for that blessed event so it can do its thing. :)

When you reboot the Axe III, the FC takes exactly as long to boot as the AXE III. It's always been that way. The FC doesn't have anything to communicate with until the Axe III comes alive. It has to wait for that blessed event so it can do its thing. :)

You are exactly right! I wonder if the Axe III is taking a bit longer to boot? Maybe I’m imagining things... in any case, the FC6 is waking up exactly when the Axe III finishes it’s booting sequence, so everything seems to be working fine. Thanks for the reply. :)

Why doesn't the FC Firmware Update Guide pdf tell us we have to put the FC in failsafe mode first? I would never have been able to update without Chris' video.

I was able to install on my FC-12 and my second Axe-Fx III, but for some reason it is not installing on my FC6 and original (beta) Axe-Fx III (but I did update the footcontroller chip in it). Followed Chris's video to the letter.

I get to 100% on the bar, but it never gives me the dialogue box to click "Ok" on about being completed. It just snaps out of the bar when done at 100%. But when I re=boot, still showing 1.05 fw on FC6?

I made sure I had loaded in the 5.08 firmware FC6 factory settings first as well. I'll contact tech support about this for help...

I was able to install on my FC-12 and my second Axe-Fx III, but for some reason it is not installing on my FC6 and original (beta) Axe-Fx III (but I did update the footcontroller chip in it). Followed Chris's video to the letter.

I get to 100% on the bar, but it never gives me the dialogue box to click "Ok" on about being completed. It just snaps out of the bar when done at 100%. But when I re=boot, still showing 1.05 fw on FC6?
What happens when you try loading onto your FC-6 through your second Axe?

Just received my FC-12 and in process of initial setup. Quick Start Guide notes to:
1. On the Axe-Fx iii, open the SETUP menu. (Home page, push knob E)....CHECK (so far so good)...
2. Select FC Controllers and press ENTER...CHECK (looking great)...
Turn to the Reset page......WTF....there is no Reset page and what do I torn to get there?.... (I see Reset Switch but no Reset?)....
Any assistance anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated.....and thank you in advance....

Just received my FC-12 and in process of initial setup. Quick Start Guide notes to:
1. On the Axe-Fx iii, open the SETUP menu. (Home page, push knob E)....CHECK (so far so good)...
Turn to the Reset page......WTF....there is no Reset page and what do I torn to get there?.... (I see Reset Switch but no Reset?)....
Any assistance anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated.....and thank you in advance....
Probably posting a new thread would be good. Your problem is not related to FC firmware 1.06, so why post in this thread?

Did you try the page right button on the Axe Fx?

You navigate between pages using the Page buttons. ;)

And as @unix-guy says, if you have a new question or a new issue, please open a new thread.

Back
Top Bottom