Wish Crossover block output options

hippietim

Axe-Master
When I was working with the Crossover recently to split the signal up attempting to emulate the Digitech Mosaic pedal, I found myself wishing that I could direct the high/low portions to different rows on the grid rather than left/right. I wanted to do separate processing on the high/low so I ended up hard panning the highs and lows to different sides and use a Volume/Pan block for each to center them. So the result was the highs went down one grid row and the lows another. It would have been much simpler if I could assign the output row for highs and lows in the Crossover block.

+1 from me, too.

With the Axe FX II, I found it confusing trying to break something into two mono signal paths, sending one to the FX Loop, and then blending the return together with the other: The requirement of a Volume/Pan block seemed excessive, but I saw no other way to get things back to the center, to prevent the next block in the chain from summing the signal I wanted (Right Channel) with an empty signal or an unaffected signal (Left Channel).

Perhaps some way to specify, under certain conditions, that the "cable" from one row to the next is a MONO cable rather than a STEREO one? And "hook it up" from either the Right or Left output of the previous block, but have it automatically doubled into both the Right and Left inputs of the next block?

Or is there some wizardly technique for doing this, which I somehow missed?

Back
Top Bottom