New super lightweight wireless...

It seems unlikely unless they’re made of some sort of special material. Aren’t these usually just vinyl or canvas?
The ones we use are cloth. Hasn’t been an issue with my Line 6 G50. Just wasn’t sure about these Carvin units. I’m intrigued by them. Especially using the 5ghz signal.

I got tired of my Line6 G30 wireless disrupting my home router (2.4ghz).

Considered the Carvin 5.8ghz version but decided to go with the Donner units which operate on UHF at 1/2 the latency of 2.4 or 5.8ghz units (I guess due to not needing AD conversion?). Also the Donners cost quite a bit less (hopefully they are not less quality also - we'll see).

Was it close to a router?

If my Shure GLX is near a 2.4g router...forget about it.
Strange, in my rehearsal I have 2.4g router in approx. 1 m from my GLXD4 antenna. No interferences... Check the group and channels setting, try group 2 or 4 if there is lot of 2.4GHz sytems in area. I had an issue once, switched to channel 4 and had no problems...

I ordered based on the couple of reviews in this thread. I've never had a wireless so looking forward to freeing myself up.

Strange, in my rehearsal I have 2.4g router in approx. 1 m from my GLXD4 antenna. No interferences... Check the group and channels setting, try group 2 or 4 if there is lot of 2.4GHz sytems in area. I had an issue once, switched to channel 4 and had no problems...
Yup, I always try that. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

I've switched to all 5g routers and haven't had a problem since.

Wonder if 5g routers will interfere with this new Carvin? That could really be a problem in the next year or so as phones roll out 5g...

Bought the Sennheiser xsw-d, was completely useless for me, complete drop out, one song into the night switched back to my cable.

Bought the Sennheiser xsw-d, was completely useless for me, complete drop out, one song into the night switched back to my cable.
I bought 2 and using them side by side with zero issues among various gigs. *shrug*

Wonder if 5g routers will interfere with this new Carvin? That could really be a problem in the next year or so as phones roll out 5g...
Phones currently can operate on 5gHz networks. Not sure what you mean.

I would hope the Carvin can be plugged into USB power and operate at the same time. Shouldn’t be a big deal for the receiver side. I did this with the Sennheiser last night no issue (plugged into the USB power in my rack with the Axe inputs.

For the transmitters, you could put in your pocket one of those USB power batteries usually used for phones and plug it in to charge it while playing. If needed.
Anyone tried this?

I used the Sennheisers on another gig on Saturday. They worked great. I use an AX8 with two expression pedals live (without a pedalboard) and I've got a mic stand and a monitor right there as well so it was really nice not having a power supply for a wireless unit and the extra wires getting clumped around.

I used the Sennheisers on another gig on Saturday. They worked great. I use an AX8 with two expression pedals live (without a pedalboard) and I've got a mic stand and a monitor right there as well so it was really nice not having a power supply for a wireless unit and the extra wires getting clumped around.
Still working great for me too. No issues. Using 2 sets at once.

Congrats!......I'm still waiting.....shipped on 4/30.......can't believe they use DHL......DHL sucks!!! lol

I emailed Carvin earlier this week and was informed that I'm in the 5/17 - 5/23 shipping group "as promised by our sale". I'm pretty sure the website was running the 5/4 shipping promotion when I ordered on 4/17 but what am gonna do? I guess the 3 guys assembling these things have their hands full.

I think it shipped from Texas, which seems odd being that they are a California company. Since I'm in CA, I was a little bummed at the unexpected shipping time :(
Yep, mine shipped from Texas as well. Took DHL eight fricking days to get it from TX to my local post office here in KS! Apparently, I will have it tomorrow. Sheesh!:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom