Cubase 50% discount

As a longtime Logic user (the DAW I used previously was Opcode Studio Vision(!) ), this offer looks interesting, considering my addition of a proper PC into my system...Any body out there have experience with current versions of Logic and Cubase to give me insight into
Benefits, and the learning curve of Cubase compared to Logic...? Cheers

Nice, very tempting. Cubase was the DAW I started back in time. Only to check how to integrate my Avid Artist units (Mix and Transport) with it.

As a longtime Logic user (the DAW I used previously was Opcode Studio Vision(!) ), this offer looks interesting, considering my addition of a proper PC into my system...Any body out there have experience with current versions of Logic and Cubase to give me insight into
Benefits, and the learning curve of Cubase compared to Logic...? Cheers

It's even cheaper to crossgrade now:

https://www.jrrshop.com/steinberg-cubase-pro-crossgrade

Crossgrade from Ableton Live Standard / Suite, Logic Pro, Cakewalk Sonar Platinum / Professional, Digital Performer, FL Studio Signature / Producer, Pro Tools / Pro Tools HD, Reason (from Version 6), Studio One Professional

You keep your old DAW-license.

Its a damn fine piece of software and continues to be improved over many years.
Thanks
Pauly

No thank you. I seem to encounter more Cubase issues in support than for any other platform. It can't be market penetration; ProTools and Logic must dominate it, right? I think Cubase is more widely used in Europe.

Reminds me again why I don't upgrade my Reason from 3.0 to latest even if the upgrade price has been the same for years now. Not time to learn new DAWs, need the time to record and write music instead. Also, Logic Pro X is perfect and cheaper than Cubase and Ableton Live is perfect for modern electronica left-field experiment. Sure Cubase is fine but I have enough DAWs to last five lifetimes.

No thank you. I seem to encounter more Cubase issues in support than for any other platform. It can't be market penetration; ProTools and Logic must dominate it, right? I think Cubase is more widely used in Europe.

For us, it's ProTools by a mile that causes the most headaches. I have to use them all, but for my own projects, I prefer Cubase. Yes...Logic, Tracktion, FLStudio, and StudioOne have some great features for getting ideas down quick. ProTools is unmatched for post. Live is great for working with samples. Reaper is great bargain. DP has some great workflow features. But, for me, Cubase has so many advantages in the areas of midi drum editing, non-destructive audio editing, control surface support, mixer features, comping/track versioning, etc.

I went from Cubase 4.xx to Presonus Studio One Pro and have been a happy camper ever since.

But ... I do have a bunch of old projects that I never got around to transfer (4.xx was 32 bit) so maybe it's time to salvage those.

And ... some of the Steinberg softwareinstruments are quite cool.

So even thou I'm not going to use this as my main DAW I think the crossgrade price is reasonable for those two things.

Or else I can still sell the license when I'm done transferring my old projects.

Back
Top Bottom