Cab Block Volume

Thenewexhibit

Experienced
Hey guys, I'm not sure if I'm missing something, but the volume in the cab block should be adjustable per cabinet, right? For some reason, I turn it down to the lowest -40, and nothing happens. Am I missing something? I'm using ownhammer IRs, but also tried it with stock cabs.

Is that with one IR or more in the cab block? The volumes on the first page of the cab block are relative volumes to balance between 2 or more IRs. The over all level of the cab block is not changed there. If there is only 1 IR, it doesn't have an affect. That is done by the level control.

Is that with one IR or more in the cab block? The volumes on the first page of the cab block are relative volumes to balance between 2 or more IRs. The over all level of the cab block is not changed there. If there is only 1 IR, it doesn't have an affect. That is done by the level control.
Interesting! I have another cab, but that's when I noticed it. It didn't seem to be doing anything when I turned the volume down on the other cabinet. When I muted my main cab to see if the other one was any quieter than the other one, it was just as loud, as if the volume for that cabinet does nothing. I only notice a change when I mute it.

EDIT: Ahhh I'm hearing the change now. I guess I expected the volumes to change similar to faders on a DAW. So, it keeps a consistent auto gain compensated level I assume between the cabinets then?

Maybe the manual can explain it better than me:
Cab 1, 2, 3, 4 Level – This parameter may seem straightforward enough, but it can actually be a bit tricky until you understand how it works. Rather than simply controlling the overall level of each Cab IR as you might expect, this sets relative levels between the IRs when more than one is loaded. The final blend is then normalized1 and controlled via the Level parameter on the Mix page—a master control for all four Cab IRs. So, for example:

When only ONE Cab IR is in use and the other three are muted, this control will have no effect since relative level doesn’t apply without two or more Cab IRs to compare.

When TWO (or more) Cab IRs are loaded, you only need to adjust the one(s) you want quieter. Think about it: reducing Cab 1 to –2dB and Cab 2 to –4 dB is the same as leaving Cab 1 alone and setting Cab 2 to –2 dB. Only the difference counts!

With more than one Cab IR in use, you will hear the tonal blend change, but the overall volume will remain relatively the same because again, the blend is normalized as you adjust. Do keep in mind however that because of their frequency contents, some cabs may be perceived as louder or quieter than others.

Back
Top Bottom