Wish: Change Switch Tap Function using Hold

Ugly Bunny

Power User
Okay, here’s my idea:

I’m looking to have two effects assigned to a single foot switch. I want to be able to bypass each of them independently. I need the hold function to toggle which effect is currently displayed/bypassable.

So like, I have chorus and phaser assigned to a pedal. I turn the chorus on, Hold the pedal to change the displayed effect phaser (with the LED showing it’s on/off state) and then be able to turn it on or off.

As it stands, I can have both effects’ bypass assigned to one pedal: one on tap, one on hold. It works, but you never know the state of the one on hold (other than playing and listening).

With my idea, You could have Chorus 1 Bypass as the Tap function, then you could have “Toggle Tap” as the hold function, which basically lets you set up a whole other Tap function for the same pedal.

Would this be useful to anyone else?

This could be expanded to cycle through several tap functions, with a wrapping, user-definable range (say, have the hold function cycle through up to 12 independent tap functions).

This would essentially allow you to have an entire pedalboard in a single switch!

"Toggle Tap" is confusing.

i think you're describing "Change Switch Function."
You’re probably right; I just mean that by pushing hold it can cycle or toggle what the tap function does- either toggling between two or cycling through 3 or more functions

Chorus [hold] Drive [hold] tap tempo [hold] Reverb channel toggle [hold] Delay channel select [hold] back to chorus... etc.

I think you can only assign 1 effect per switch though

I agree chorus TAP
Flanger HOLD would be awesome
Especially for FM3 rig where you would essentially make 3 switches in the FX layout 6

I really like that idea. I am not sure how this dovetails with the current layout paradigm. It's a bit like having layouts per switch with the hold function assigned to switch the layout of THAT switch.

I would instantly use that for multiple instances of amps, drives, modulation effects, and delays.

It's a great wish item. Once again, it's a pretty major shift in functionality for the FCs. Not sure how this one's going to play out!

@decreebass, I'd modify my title to clarify your wish. Such as "Change Switch Tap Function using Hold"

I really like that idea. I am not sure how this dovetails with the current layout paradigm. It's a bit like having layouts per switch with the hold function assigned to switch the layout of THAT switch.

I would instantly use that for multiple instances of amps, drives, modulation effects, and delays.

It's a great wish item. Once again, it's a pretty major shift in functionality for the FCs. Not sure how this one's going to play out!

@decreebass, I'd modify my title to clarify your wish. Such as "Change Switch Tap Function using Hold"
Good call. I’ve changed the title about 10 times trying to convey the idea most clearly, but i think that about nails it!

I think you can only assign 1 effect per switch though

I agree chorus TAP
Flanger HOLD would be awesome
Especially for FM3 rig where you would essentially make 3 switches in the FX layout 6
Yep. Like I illustrated, I currently have one switch that bypasses or engages the chorus block on tap, and then bypasses or engages the phaser on hold. That’s workable, but it’s be cool if I held it if I could see the phaser pedal with its on/off state.

And, to expand further, add several other blocks that the hold function would cycle through. It probably wouldn’t be too necessary to have a full 12 or whatever, but 2 or 3 Tap functions that could be cycled through would be handy. I think, for simlicity’s sake, I’d be happy with just the ability to toggle between two tap functions using the hold function.

Back
Top Bottom