FC Controllers Now Shipping!

Got my invitation to order today @3:09 PM. Ordered the FC-12 and received confirmation @ 3:30 PM.

One question: What does the status “Ready to Capture” mean?
It'll say that until it says shipped. I guess it means it's waiting to be picked and shipped. From what I understand the warehouse is a sort of jungle where the various Fractal units roam about and the employees have to set up traps or chase them down and quickly get them into boxes.

It'll say that until it says shipped. I guess it means it's waiting to be picked and shipped. From what I understand the warehouse is a sort of jungle where the various Fractal units roam about and the employees have to set up traps or chase them down and quickly get them into boxes.

They're quick little things and can be hard to catch. Means they have one cornered though and about to get it into the box.

:tonguewink: Maybe they’re Pokémon... They must move fast to be so hard to catch.

Customers are frustrated, but I don't think everyone appreciates how frustrating it is for FAS as well. They want to sell a product that they can't produce..

Admin M@: "UPDATE: Now entering the end of July.
Invitations will be slowing down for about two weeks while we wait to re-supply. We're all sick of this global electronics parts shortage. I learned today that some capacitors are going at auction for 50x what their price was 3 years ago."

Thanks for posting this update.

I work in the computer industry and although we don't manufacture at board level, we haven't noticed any shortages or lack of availability of computer hardware - including logic boards, modems etc.. At least not yet.... So I'm very curious why audio equipment seems to be so affected by this capacitor shortage. Is there something very specific about these capacitors, or is it that other companies are much larger and have more leverage when sourcing parts? Or should I be preparing myself for an impending lack of availability on computer hardware as well? :(

Last edited:
Customers are frustrated, but I don't think everyone appreciates how frustrating it is for FAS as well. They want to sell a product that they can't produce..

Invitations will be slowing down for about two weeks while we wait to re-supply. We're all sick of this global electronics parts shortage. I learned today that some capacitors are going at auction for 50x what their price was 3 years ago."

Cliff, thanks for posting this update.

I work in the computer industry and although we don't manufacture at board level, we haven't noticed any shortages or lack of availability of computer hardware - including logic boards, modems etc.. At least not yet.... So I'm very curious why audio equipment seems to be so affected by this capacitor shortage. Is there something very specific about these capacitors, or is it that other companies are much larger and have more leverage when sourcing parts? Or should I be preparing myself for an impending lack of availability on computer hardware as well? :(
FYI, AdminM is not Cliff, he is Matt...FractalAudio is Cliff........

From what I've heard recently, there's no expectation for this shortage to end anytime soon.
What a bummer
A capacitor shortage!
I’m hoping there is enough comes in the next shipment that I will squeak in under the wire to receive a brand spanking new FC 12...;):D

Cliff, thanks for posting this update.

https://www.arrow.com/en/research-and-events/articles/capacitor-shortage-going-into-2019

What a bummer
A capacitor shortage!
I’m hoping there is enough comes in the next shipment that I will squeak in under the wire to receive a brand spanking new FC 12...;):D

I've got to say that in the short time you've been on this forum, your consistently positive outlook (regardless of subject), has been a welcome addition to the community. I got my FC12 a little over month ago, but I still check here from time to time to see if you got yours yet. I'm pulling for you man, and hope your patience is rewarded soon.

Oh I'm well aware of the capacitor shortages and have been doing a lot of reading about it. I read this article today as well which I found interesting. Looks like Tesla is stealing all the capacitors. :p
https://qz.com/1575735/a-mlcc-shortage-is-stifling-electronics-hardware-auto-makers/

I'm just curious why certain industries seem more affected by it than others. And I want to be prepared if it eventually affects the computer industry as well since that will be much more worrisome for me!

FYI, AdminM is not Cliff, he is Matt...FractalAudio is Cliff........

Thanks, my mistake.

I've got to say that in the short time you've been on this forum, your consistently positive outlook (regardless of subject), has been a welcome addition to the community. I got my FC12 a little over month ago, but I still check here from time to time to see if you got yours yet. I'm pulling for you man, and hope your patience is rewarded soon.

Hey thanks man I really appreciate that
we’re still dealing with the destruction an aftermath of Hurricane Michael last October it’s been really hard but I have to say it could be worse for us all in all dam glad we survived.
So I really have a lot to be thankful for.
Still gigging and will be playing memorial weekend that really helps... So stuff will come an go but I am still really looking forward to the FC 12... but thanks I really appreciate you saying that everyone is always helpful and I so appreciate that so thank you :)

Well said, and I agree.:)

we’re still dealing with the destruction an aftermath of Hurricane Michael last October it’s been really hard but I have to say it could be worse for us all in all dam glad we survived.
Still gigging and will be playing memorial weekend that really helps... So stuff will come an go but I am still really looking forward to the FC 12... but thanks I really appreciate you saying that everyone is always helpful and I so appreciate that so thank you :)

This world seems rife with conflict lately. Social justice warriors creating nonsense to whine and complain about as well as political polarization. It honestly depresses me. I have a friend who says it takes real disasters and tragedies to bring people together, help them appreciate everything they have. You have proven his theory. All the best to you Freds55. As much as I'd like to get my hands on an FC12, I hope you get yours first. :)

Thanks guys!
You guys have really made me feel good today. I appreciate the whole fractal community, and all of you and your well wishes Thank You for that.
I hope we all see a new FC 12 Controller soon :)
Thank you all gotta keep smiling and forge on its a long road ahead.
I’m thankful for all of you!

We got hit by Irma 2 years ago but that was a walk in the park compared to what Michael did to your area. Very happy you're forging ahead with a great attitude!! As for the FCs, whenever they're ready, they're ready.

Back
Top Bottom