Unable to Drag n Drop Move Blocks in same row in Axe-Edit III

I'm not sure if this is a software limitation or a user limitation. ;-) While editing a preset in the Axe FX Edit III, I am trying to move a block in the same row to another location (column) in that row. I thought that intuitively I would just be able to mouse drag and drop the block in between two other blocks and it would place it there, but it doesn't seem to work that way. If I drag the block on top of another block, it swaps them. What I have to do is click on the block, click move, and move it to the left once, and then repeat this multiples times to get the block to the other end of the row. What am I missing here? Some short cut key?

Kris

If you drag a block to a spot occupied by another block, it does a swap - as designed.

You need to drag it to an empty grid location to perform a move.

Due to the complex ways blocks can be connected, the editor would have no good way to automatically move things for you.

To make sure I completely understand, are you trying to drop a block between two existing blocks that are in adjoining positions (which is what I believe you are saying), or is there open blank positions between the two blocks, that will not accept the dropped block?

Thi
To make sure I completely understand, are you trying to drop a block between two existing blocks that are in adjoining positions (which is what I believe you are saying), or is there open blank positions between the two blocks, that will not accept the dropped block?

This may help. See image. I want to move the Vol/Pan block before the compressor. Screen Shot 2019-05-05 at 10.26.24 AM.png

As far as I am aware, there isn't any method to change this behavior, and you can't move/drop an existing block between two adjoining blocks, without additional work.

As far as I am aware, there isn't any method to change this behavior, and you can't move/drop an existing block between two adjoining blocks, without additional work.

Darn!!! Ok, back to the manual one column at a time method. What about from the unit itself? I will check this out.

I literally searched the internet for an hour and couldn't find a single page that showed this. It seems so utterly basic, and so fortunately the search bots will pickup on this thread and prevent someone else from going through the same wild goose chase and frustration.
Now can you solve my re-amp question in another thread? ;-)

Click-and-hold on the small square at the bottom of the column that contains the VOL block, and drag it to the desired position.
I guess because I use multi-row presets, I always forget about this option.

OP - be aware that this is a "column" move, and if you were using a preset with multiple rows, it would move all blocks in that column.

Back
Top Bottom