**NEW OWNER** - Question...

DaveyG84

Hi all,

Received my AXEFXII+XL/MFC yesterday and OMG! blown away... the sounds are like nothing i was expecting!

Question though if i may...

- I have a Wah pedal, shall i just use that as per normal, Guitar>>Wah>>Instrument in or is there something more I can do with it via the MFC?

Any advice appreciated!

Welcome to the Fractal family!!

You can use your wah as guitar->wah->Input 1 (or 2 etc) (as you would with a normal amp) however you cannot plug your wah into your MFC.

The best way to do this is normally to get an expression pedal (Mission pedals are a good option as they have the same casing as the Dunlop CryBaby) and then you can plug your expression pedal into the MFC, and use that to control a Wah block on your Axe-FX.

Doing it this way would mean that you won't need your actual wah, which will also save you on cable clutter.

Awesome thanks!

And of course once you use an expression pedal for wah you will want to start using it for other things. There are so many possibilities: controlling delay level, changing harmony pitches, controlling gain level etc.

Welcome!

I use my Dunlop wah in the FX Loop rather than between the guitar and Axe-FXII.

Why?

There are times that you want a wah placed after a certain effect block. One example is after a fuzz drive block as it gives a different sound.

Usung the fx loop for your wah gives you maximum tonal flexibility to place the wah anywhere in the signal chain, plus the ability to mix dry signal in with your wah signal in parallel, which most analog wahs lack that feature .

I use my Dunlop wah in the FX Loop rather than between the guitar and Axe-FXII.

Why?

There are times that you want a wah placed after a certain effect block. One example is after a fuzz drive block as it gives a different sound.

Usung the fx loop for your wah gives you maximum tonal flexibility to place the wah anywhere in the signal chain, plus the ability to mix dry signal in with your wah signal in parallel, which most analog wahs lack that feature .

Thats a much cleaner way - Just using the FX loop on the Axe?

I’d go the expression pedal route if you want versatility - from there you can choose emulations of various wahwas - funny spell check didn’t do that word!
Thanks
Pauly

Yes. I have an expression pedal too for control other effects parameters in real time, but the wahs in Fractal are no match to my 535, so I use that in the FX loop.

It's also more flexible. You have it attached at one point and you move the fx loop blocks where you want on a per-preset basis.

This does add some complication to a live setup, of course. You'd have to have cables running from you to the axe-fx, back out to where you want the wah to be on-stage and then back to the ax-fx.

That is, if the wah isolated from the rest of the rig, wherein all your other pedals in your preset are "in the box".

There's lots of ways to do all this stuff.

Back
Top Bottom