AFIII Andy Wood at Axe-Fest East

I agree with all the things mentioned about Andy Wood. Seeing him at Axe-Fest II in CA was really mind bending. Switches styles at a whim and plays in that style at the highest level. A true talent.

Great playing, love the open and helpful attitude he has. This, of course, is the Steinberger version of Andy. There is also one with a head, optional and sold separately.

go get his finger if you can,but i think preset would be more easy to get.,also put attention i dont want to play like him i just like know what amp and cab he was using.
I was ironic but maybe you didn’t get it. ;)
I think he could use any Amp and Cab and still sound great... I was there and I can assure you that nobody, after hearing what he can do, asked for the preset...
Amazing!!!

I think he could use any Amp and Cab and still sound great... I was there and I can assure you that nobody, after hearing what he can do, asked for the preset...
Amazing!!!
sorry bro i didnt get it,my bad:( yeah i know Andy could use any amp and cab and sound awesome,about the preset maybe people was shy to ask him for the preset:D

Amazing!!!
....I was only vaguely aware of his work when I arrived at the Fest, but there’s no doubt he’s in the top tier of all current players, having witnessed it up close...and the Stark Industries T shirt he wore was very cool and topical, and made me glad I had already seen Avengers :Endgame.

Andy rocked! Got the chance to chat with him many times during AxeFest....such a nice guy and very humble with his playing. Turned on to his music a while back and to see him in person was great. Love watching him play different styles on the fly. I believe I watched a video where he referred to it as 'shape shifting' haha... was awesome to meet and watch him play.

It ain't about the presets, friend ;)
I see this talked about and I’d have to agree even though I’m still fairly new to all of this. When you say this, are you essentially saying that room,guitar,pickups,playing style, etc...all are taken into account when sculpting a preset for a certain guitarist, and that sharing that preset with other players will rarely if ever, achieve the same goal for said player?

I see this talked about and I’d have to agree even though I’m still fairly new to all of this. When you say this, are you essentially saying that room,guitar,pickups,playing style, etc...all are taken into account when sculpting a preset for a certain guitarist, and that sharing that preset with other players will rarely if ever, achieve the same goal for said player?
I think he's saying it's mostly about the person holding the guitar. :)

Yes, exactly. I can get you (the Axe can get you) the exact same tone Andy has here, but you will see very different settings in the preset. That's why presets are an amazing starting point but always need work player to player if an "exact" match is what you're looking for. But there is no greater tool than the Axe for doing this, period.

Back
Top Bottom