Windows 10 Sucks!

FractalAudio

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
Wow, what a steaming pile of garbage. Who the heck designed the UI?

1. No consistency between windows. There's no standard resources.
2. Almost nonexistent borders on windows. With a trackpad it's almost impossible to resize a window.
3. In some programs, i.e. Office, the scroll bar disappears after a couple seconds. Who tf came up with this brilliant idea? It just disappears and leaves a white column. How is that a good idea?
4. Start menu sucks.
5. No classic theme and apparently no way to install one.

The whole thing looks like it was designed by a group of stoned hipsters at a weekend retreat and implemented by a bunch of outsourced first-year grads.

I haven't been this disappointed in a version of Windows since Windows ME.

Would you guys go with a Mac rather than windows?

I was thinking of looking at a Mac book pro...
Any thoughts on this?
All comments appreciated.

Wow, what a steaming pile of garbage.

Yep! I recently had to stop using Windows Vista, which I was quite happy with for 10 years, because Microsoft stopped supporting it. I refused to go to 10, so I’m using Windows 7 now, which I believe is still going to be supported for a couple more years.

Here’s a guide to disable the stupid tiles;

https://betanews.com/2016/06/03/disable-windows-10-live-tiles/

You may also want to search for an article on how to shut down all the privacy holes in Windows 10. Here’s one of many;

https://www.techradar.com/how-to/how-to-configure-windows-10-to-protect-your-privacy

I think all the weird parts are mainly cus it's sort of been designed for touchscreen/tablet use... it's weird.

Like scrolling, they seem to be expecting users to do the two finger gesture, whether on a trackpad or touchscreen. And start menu screams finger me with all its little blocks taking up real estate.

2. Almost nonexistent borders on windows. With a trackpad it's almost impossible to resize a window.
3. In some programs, i.e. Office, the scroll bar disappears after a couple seconds. Who tf came up with this brilliant idea? It just disappears and leaves a white column. How is that a good idea?
4. Start menu sucks.

The whole thing looks like it was designed by a group of stoned hipsters at a weekend retreat and implemented by a bunch of outsourced first-year grads.

This is with the latest updates? It was rough at the beginning but now at least to me it’s just like windows 7

I never use the screen scroll at, don’t you have a middle scroll wheel in your mouse? Or do the double finger scroll gesture on the mouse pad?

I don’t use the start menu, just click Windows key type the first few letters of the program boom - way faster than clickety clicking through a start menu.

I can only agree, it's always hard for UI designers who are obliged to improve their previous "perfect" design to attract users to a new version. I think they had it right in Win95.

A couple of things that have helped me with Windows 10:

Replace the start menu with Classic menu - free and fully customisable.

Use an app that dims the non-active windows. That way you can clearly see the window you're using on top of the mess of almost borderless rectangles.

Used to it now. Right-clicking the start button is the way to go. Never use the start menu. I disabled all the tiles because it looks so stupid and no point pretending i am some sort of social media multitasker. I already have three easy ways to see the weather

I’ve been a Mac user from the very start ....I guess cuz at the time Pro Tools III & the 888IO was the way to go....

Years later got on a PC and I was completely ....wtf???!

Not bashing ....just my experience...was way harder to use and felt clumsy.....

I can navigate somewhat on a PC now ...but always feels like I’m jammin onstage with someone else’s gear.

I’ve been a Mac user from the very start ....I guess cuz at the time Pro Tools III & the 888IO was the way to go....

Years later got on a PC and I was completely ....wtf???!

Not bashing ....just my experience...was way harder to use and felt clumsy.....

I can navigate somewhat on a PC now ...but always feels like I’m jammin onstage with someone else’s gear.
Cool glad you did that write up I have an iPad Pro and I’m thinking Mac Book pro for my music and the
axe fx iii... I’m thinking like you that it would be all around easier to use an carry with me to gigs.

4. Start menu sucks.

You can always install Classic Start Menu, that will give you your Windows 7 style start menu back. Although its amazing that even though everybody howled in indignation when they deleted the start menu in Win8 they never really brought it back. I guess corporations are like governments, they will NEVER admit that they were wrong.

Would you guys go with a Mac rather than windows?

Why would I exchange one evil spying on my corporations for another? And pay even more for that privilege?

I think all the weird parts are mainly cus it's sort of been designed for touchscreen/tablet use... it's weird.

Like scrolling, they seem to be expecting users to do the two finger gesture, whether on a trackpad or touchscreen. And start menu screams finger me with all its little blocks taking up real estate.

I hate how everything these days seems to be made for tablets and touchscreens. I use a desktop, I demand a proper desktop interface. One that I can customize to how I want to work with it, not to how some corporation think I should work with it. This has always been Window's strong suit. A friend of mine uses Apple and I always howl in frustration whenever I use his Apple desktop. And its not a good sign that Windows seems to be going the Apple route with every new version. And the can't stop your computer from updating is a goddamn disgrace. Yet another sign of Microsoft making a mistake and being unable to admit that they f***ed up, even though their users are howling in frustration over it.

4. Start menu sucks.

Install "classic shell explorer"
Then go to glass8.eu

Done, you're back in windows 7 wonderland ;)

Back
Top Bottom