Avengers Endgame

NeoSound

Fractal Fanatic
I’ve been more excited to see this than any other movie in years. Only skimming through reviews to avoid spoilers everyone says it’s awesome and better then infinity war! I’m hoping to see it this weekend.

BTW no spoilers please!

I am removing myself from all social media except here until after I get to see it, which may not be till after the weekend of Boston AxeFest/Zappa debauchery.......NO SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just saw it, and it AWESOME!!!

There were parts I literally jumped out of my chair with excitement, and parts I was gripped to it, while they were in combat with the premium baddie. Lots of surprises and laughs if you're a nerd. What a tear jerker for sure too!

LOTS of ends tied up and questions answered, and a feeling of closure for one of the finest movies/series of movies of our time.

If you have to pee, do it at about the 1hr mark, other than that, do like me and hold that sucker!

Well worth it, even my gf says she wants to see it again!

I think I haven't even seen the second Avengers movie yet. The first one was okay, especially Hulk slapping Loki around like a rag doll. And I was pleasantly surprised that Captain America, which seemed like the most boring kinda jingoistic character, to a non-American like me, turned out to be the most interesting one. But other then that superheros just bore me. I never read American comics as a kid anyway, I grew up on reading French and Belgian comics.

But its friggin' awesome that they created this cinematic universe where everything is connected and aimed towards a single purpose. And that they managed to bring it to fruition. I don't expect we will get to see anything like this happen again in cinema in our lifetime. The Marvel cinematic universe has become what the first Star Wars trilogy did in the late 70's, early 80's. Kudo's for that.

With Stan’s passing, this is a proper finale. Looking forward to seeing it.

My only disappointment was that he was not there to see it in person :(

I can imagine how proud he felt, knowing the way his comics that people once laughed at would change the world and inspire millions.

He does have a rather fitting finale cameo though, so look out for it :) no spoilers here ;)

Saw it with the wife and grandkids today. Some choices were meh, almost seemed rushed and not as well thought out as infinity war. There was a huge amount of material stuffed in there.
It definitely has it's moments but infinity war was better imo. I also wish the me too (or whatever it's called) movement would be left out of entertainment. I'm all for live and let live but having something pushed in your face unexpectedly leaves a bad taste in someone's mouth.

Wife , my son , and I went to see it while I’m Boston for the amp show. I owed them a little family time while here. ( which BTW has been a fantastic time. Cliff , Matt , Mark , Cooper , Todd , Michael , Brad , Stephen Paul , Dweezil , - and Leon - who was lucky to avoid my spilled coffee from the elevator door this morning , lol ) ALL great - great guys. Best trip I’ve ever made - for me. )

So , Boston , with a boatload of theaters , Avenger showings - sold out until 11 pm times - EVERYWHERE. lol.
We caught Hellboy instead. We’ve watched the previous 2 movies that had different actors than this one. Everyone we know , plus critics said it was terrible. My son and I liked it.
Avengers will have to wait until we get closer to home.

Last edited:
Saw it with the wife and grandkids today. Some choices were meh, almost seemed rushed and not as well thought out as infinity war. There was a huge amount of material stuffed in there.
It definitely has it's moments but infinity war was better imo. I also wish the me too (or whatever it's called) movement would be left out of entertainment. I'm all for live and let live but having something pushed in your face unexpectedly leaves a bad taste in someone's mouth.

Yeah I did get a bit of that 'rushed' feeling at times too....but I'm guessing it was to keep it at 3hrs instead of 4 or 5...there was a LOT going on, just like you said....and a lot of ends being wrapped up.

That being said, I won't have minded at all if it went that long!

I would say to anyone who wants to see it, to make sure you have seen Capt America the first Avenger, Guardians of the Galaxy vol 1, and Thor the dark world, as well as the first Avengers movie...it may be hard to get some parts if you haven't seen these.

Ant man and the Wasp, Winter Soldier, Civil War, Infinity War, are also important to have seen to get a lot of what was going on, but these are not as critical.

I also wish the me too (or whatever it's called) movement would be left out of entertainment. I'm all for live and let live but having something pushed in your face unexpectedly leaves a bad taste in someone's mouth.

Get used to that, cause that seems to be the direction that the MCU is going to take after this. They're going full on woke with more Captain Gender Studies and rumors of a female Thor. Just be glad that you had a good run so far. If anything once you keep on going after the high point the only possible way is down anyway.

We should demand demand more, but we dont.
These are the same movies. Either a super hero, or a group of superheroes. It's a movie formula, they just substitute in a new hero....
It's like showing you the same movie again and again...

We should demand demand more, but we dont.
These are the same movies. Either a super hero, or a group of superheroes. It's a movie formula, they just substitute in a new hero....
It's like showing you the same movie again and again...

Yeah, but it works. Once they find something that they like most people just want more of the same. Plenty of bands who tried to do something new only to find that their fans don't like it. So they keep on doing the same. When was the last time you heard a new album exploring new styles and soundscapes from Metallica, AC/DC or Iron Maiden? Some artists have a successful career by constantly reinventing themselves, most don't.

Marvel had a good run. Super heroes, even though its not my genre, is a form of modern myth telling that speaks to many. And with great power comes great responsibility (technically not from a Marvel movie) is a great life's lesson. And they managed to push the envelope for in-movie continuity with what, 21 movies, all working towards a single pay off goal? And not have that turn out into a giant crap fest (*cough* Jar Jar Abrams *cough*)? That is a major accomplishment for Hollywood standards. Not even George Lucas managed to pull that off, and by the time of the Star Wars prequels he had like total artistic freedom to do whatever the f*** he wanted to do.

Every TV show is basically the same too.
Whether it's the team of detectives, or individual detectives, cops, medical staff, a team of thieves...etc. Every show we get to see thier expertise... as they solve the impossible. How they are able to catch the bad guy...
Once you travel outside..... you start to notice things more. Americanism....the best.
A American movie... the endless supply of bullets in the gun.... but on French TV... they run out of bullets, but are always conveniently able to find another gun.

Solution.... practice more guitar

Yeah, the formula basically stays the same. Cause it works. Like they say, the cliches are the cliches for a reason, because they work. It's the flavor that matters though. How you spice things up, the on screen chemistry, the dialogue, the writing, the acting. Those are the things that define a good TV show from a bad one.

I won't really call any of these movies cliche......

Sure all the TERRIBLE ones back in the 90s and early 2000's were just bad, and most of the XMen ones too, but these recent ones have been anything BUT!!!

Thanos snapping half our beloved heroes into dust and leaving viewers confused and angry and sad is not something I've experienced before, just as an example.....

For the most part I enjoyed the movie as much as any of the others ....

That said ..., there were at least a couple of things that I really took issue with. Things that didn't necessarily track w/ the Comics ..., it felt like a cave to the politically correct crowd !

But time will tell if it creates problems for the next series of films ?

Well the MCU and the comics have ALWAYS been pretty different....sometimes there have been welcome reworks and liberties taken, and sometimes they didn't work.

I enjoyed them all a LOT more when I went in with a fresh mind, not expecting anything from the comics, pretending to myself I never knew anything about the characters.

That being said, there are several TRULY EPIC moments in the movie than more than paid homage to the comics, which I was thrilled beyond words to see! Some only hardcore comics fans will appreciate, and quite a few nods to the previous movies, tying up loose ends like shoelaces.

I have the complete original comics series for infinity wars, civil war and a ton of others, and though none of them were quite like the comics, the movies really were great, in ways that even the comics weren't

I appreciate them both for different reasons :)

Yeah, the formula basically stays the same. Cause it works. Like they say, the cliches are the cliches for a reason, because they work. It's the flavor that matters though. How you spice things up, the on screen chemistry, the dialogue, the writing, the acting. Those are the things that define a good TV show from a bad one.

SPAM, not computer lingo.... but meat in can...
You can spice that up 1000's ways... diced onions and peppers and mayonnaise for example. If your not, then I am saying you should... be sick of it by now. Especially because your left side of the brain oriented creative musician.
When I say meat in the can... I'm talking about SPAM ...
In Search Of, with Leonard Nemoy... now that was a show

Me and my girls loved it.

What an incredible task to take all those movies, tie them up in a bow, clean up the stories, and do it with a high amount of entertainment. Well done Marvel...and goodbye Stan.

As a side note: The audience in our case matters. Me and the girls felt like most of the people who saw it didn't get much of it. There were only a few folks laughing at the right spots based off of earlier movies, and it sure seemed like it was over their heads.

Hulk in a sweater gave me a bit of the heebie-jeebies tho.

Back
Top Bottom