Best FW for AX8

boz52

Experienced
After the announcement of the FM3 and reply’s about 10.01 being the last FW update FAS is going to distribute, what would be the best FW version to keep on the AX8?

Last edited:
I never updated to 10.01. Still on the previous one.

If 10.01 is going to be the last one, I don't know what to think about its thread and the problems it has.

Then don't try it. You asked, I answered. Bugs are typically something that can be reproduced on any unit by any user. Not much more to say.

Bugs are typically something that can be reproduced on any unit by any user.
That's certainly not true. It just takes you not to use a particular amp, setting (of the thousands available) or mode to not suffer a bug, ever.

On what FW is the best... Well, when I got my unit with 3.04 or thereabouts installed, people wrote in these forums that the AX8 was perfect.
I have 15 (fifteen) firmware files in my hard drive starting from 3.51 (3.50 was retired for download due to some critical bug and I might have missed some others). Do you know what people said about them? Yup, they were perfect. All of them.

If you go by those reports I would be confused. By definition you cannot perfect perfection :)
I was pretty happy with 8.02 and I've read that some peeps stopped at 6.XX, but you'll have to read more about it.

Last edited:
I rehearse and gig with 10.01 regularly. I haven't been affected by any of the reported issues, but I don't use the impacted features. I haven't seen any freezing or lockups.

I for one can't say I've found bugs in my time using 10.01 but know some of you guys are.

I think it would be useful to create a thread (and hopefully a sticky-ed one) on the Wishes+Bugs subforum to gather all the known bugs you guys have found ONLY in 10.01. I know there are many threads, but gathering all in one (If I recall correctly, not even the Axe Fx II guys are doing this) goes a long way to help FAS give us a solid firmware update than searching for specific posts on multiple threads.

10.01 sounds the best to date. If you run into a bug go back to the previous firmware of your choice. I imagine you've got to really push the envelope to run into a bug. I think the odds are with you that you won't.

10.01 sounds the best to date. If you run into a bug go back to the previous firmware of your choice. I imagine you've got to really push the envelope to run into a bug. I think the odds are with you that you won't.

Then please define what the limits are so you don't run into bugs.

1. Don't step on F3 to open the tempo menu
2. Don't use LFOs
3. Don't switch between HiWatt and Plexis
4. Don't power on, it might drop volume in the middle of the gig
5. ...

Sorry. Don't take this seriously. It's a cool box, just not perfect.

Never experienced any strangeness with 10.01 that I didn't with previous FW. And none of these with any FW were something that affected me in real time while playing. It's mostly been minor stuff while connected to Axe Edit - But again, these have been with all FW levels.

Then please define what the limits are so you don't run into bugs.

1. Don't step on F3 to open the tempo menu
2. Don't use LFOs
3. Don't switch between HiWatt and Plexis
4. Don't power on, it might drop volume in the middle of the gig
5. ...

Sorry. Don't take this seriously. It's a cool box, just not perfect.

Don't worry.... I don't take anything on the web seriously. I can't say that I've run into any of the items you listed. That's simply because I've never tried a HiWatt/Plexi x/y set up and don't use LFO's much if any. So I guess my statement is coming from a narrow point of view.

BTW.. I've always wondered what your username means. I get a chuckle because I imagine a someone panicking, trying to get to the phone, knocking over drinks or furniture...lol.

Back
Top Bottom