Contest

:cool: ..not a horrible idea. Each month Fractal could maybe open a thread and pose a challenge, or a question, aimed to improve their products and services.

“Designed by Musicians For Musicians” and all that ;0) ..I’m sure they could use their forum members for research regarding new effects or amps or cabs they would like to model, new product design or ideas, or fun t-shirt slogans or etc.!

Winner gets a T-shirt, or the law called on ‘em ..depending on their suggestion!

Just in case it’s a go, under new product ideas ...The Fractal Cable Weasel. A high quality trained weasel, which can plug in your guitar cable if it should ever become unplugged during a gig! (don’t know anybody who wouldn’t want something like that). ;)

A guitar lead contest would be cool, or a guitar tone contest. Someone could post a direct track for use in a mix for a reamp contest.

IMO, things like lead playing and tones are too subjective to be part of a contest. Music (or any other art) is not a competition.

Things like this on a forum tend to become popularity contests, and there's usually a fair amount of butthurt involved by the time it's over. (I based this on having run a woodworking forum for a dozen or so years.)

IMO, things like lead playing and tones are too subjective to be part of a contest. Music (or any other art) is not a competition.

Things like this on a forum tend to become popularity contests, and there's usually a fair amount of butthurt involved by the time it's over. (I based this on having run a woodworking forum for a dozen or so years.)

I dunno, music contests seem to work fine on TV for things like The Voice and 'Insert your own country here' Got Talent. And fans bickering that their favs did not won or were cheated is as old as the dinosaurs. That in itself is highly entertaining to watch.

I thought of doing something like this if I win the lottery! Win an Axe III with all the trimmings once a week type of thing.

Dare I say that this would only be for Americans only as Fractal refuses to sell directly to Europeans and people in other places?

Yes I did. :D

I dunno, music contests seem to work fine on TV for things like The Voice and 'Insert your own country here' Got Talent. And fans bickering that their favs did not won or were cheated is as old as the dinosaurs. That in itself is highly entertaining to watch.

Dare I say that this would only be for Americans only as Fractal refuses to sell directly to Europeans and people in other places?

Yes I did. :D

So G66 cant deliver?

So G66 cant deliver?

So far G66 has never participated in anything Fractal has done. Any sale that Fractal did as far back as I can remember G66 was basically all crickets and tumbleweeds. One big silence. They sell and service Fractal stuff, other then that they seem to be fully independent. This is what makes it so frustrating. You pay on average $1000+ more and you miss out on all the fun stuff.

But you at least get tasty chocolates. :D

Maybe I am less pessimistic but I think we have a pretty good crew here and could be for fun and bragging rights mostly. There are many lead contests I’ve come across before but these seem mostly setup to generate buzz for a product.

So far G66 has never participated in anything Fractal has done. Any sale that Fractal did as far back as I can remember G66 was basically all crickets and tumbleweeds. One big silence. They sell and service Fractal stuff, other then that they seem to be fully independent. This is what makes it so frustrating. You pay on average $1000+ more and you miss out on all the fun stuff.

But you at least get tasty chocolates. :D

I see, well this would be something that I personally would be doing as part of the community and most likely in conjunction with FAS!

And again this is a HUGE if, I were to win a lottery and I did come close once (missed the powerball by 2 numbers) but that only yielded $450. In the even it does happen participation and shipping would not be an issue trust me ;)

Back
Top Bottom