So, What do you think of my new guitar ?

Most of us are pretty happy when we get a new guitar. That one looks a bit beat, which is a cool look, especially if you did it yourself.

Me, I just got a Charvel San Dimas MIM model 1. My first Floyd Rose guitar. The neck on it is sweet.

Whoa that thing looks beat to hell!!!:eek:

That being said, I dig it :cool: has character.

Not a big fan of 'relic jobs', but a well used (or abused) guitar with a story behind it has a certain appeal to it ;)

Worn from use - yes

Worn from sandpaper - no

Lefty body and right hand neck - not my choice, but still interesting

I strongly dislike relic guitars. They're the equivalent of buying ripped jeans. It's not really that old, it's supposed battle scars aren't real. It's kinda stolen valor. If you like the feel of a neck that has been used a lot then maybe guitar manufacturers should take that as a hint to stop coating guitar necks with paint and varnish. And real guitar battle scars should be earned. Each should tell a tale of your musical adventures with the instrument.

That being said the guitar itself looks very cool. I really dig the reversed Hendrixy Strat thing, so the fake relicing aside, a very cool guitar. Have lots and lots of fun with it!

I like it! I've never seen a relic'd lefty like that (I'm all right myself tho). The photo probably doesn't do it any justice though, the angle makes it very hard to really see the relic work on it.

The headstock looks like it says Fender, or is that a Frasier?

I don't own a relic guitar, but not saying I wouldn't. Two of the nicest playing, and most comfortable guitars I've played were relics. I get the whole fake wear hate some people have, but I honestly don't care one way or anything. Hell, if anything, not needing to worry about chipping/denting your brand new axe is a bonus.

Back
Top Bottom