AX8 Discontinued?

3 buttons might get you by if you're used to mostly footswitching between scenes and/or presets. It's much harder to get your head around if you're used to the virtual pedalboard way of working, with a bunch of buttons to switch blocks on and off within the preset.

I've made a Mooer Preamp Live work as a backup with its 4 buttons (presets) and two "scenes" per button, but that's hardly the point.

Anyone willing can "get by" with three, or even two buttons. Hell, I can get by with ANY amp and the guitar's volume knob, in a pinch.
But then, what's the point on having 256 amps, 8 scenes and a bazillion cabinets at your disposal?

I don't like modularity in the same way I don't like DLCs in games, cars where everything is an option or phones with shit apps where I have to purchase the quality ones.

The FM3 is NOT a subtitute for the AX8. FM3+FC6? Maybe, but that defeats the small footprint, the price and the simplicity.
Nope, thanks.

Yeah, time is running out too. I'm still looking for a way to deactivate the suck parameter that's going to kick in at some point making the AX8 completely useless.

Seriously man, you guys need to quit buying into the rhetoric that the AX8 somehow needs continued updates to sound great.

…. i bought my ax8 end of december 2018.

4 months later comes the new fm3 (but i will expect the fm3 to be available end of 2019 in europe ??) … so i'm not in a real hurry to change

3 buttons ??? That's too short ! so it needs the additional fc6 OR a midi pedalboard at additional cost…

My ax8 as now 16 buttons with the VOES midi controller, and it's just perfect for instant fx and scenes access (no need to hold or tap dancing on it …) , it sounds awesome and i'm still in the Learning process…

the only factor that would make me switching to the FM3 is a more 'user friendly' navigation without computer…

If they made it with 6 or 9 some people would complain it’s too big, they wanted smaller unit

Can’t win, any size/number of switches is going to be too many for some, too few for others
I don’t remember anyone complaining about the number of switches when the AX8 was announced. Everyone thought it was pretty much perfect. Same with the form factor. So when it’s supposed replacement (people have after all been switched from the ax8 list to the fm3 list), has only 3 switches, of course people are going to mention it.

I don’t remember anyone complaining about the number of switches when the AX8 was announced. Everyone thought it was pretty much perfect. Same with the form factor. So when it’s supposed replacement (people have after all been switched from the ax8 list to the fm3 list), has only 3 switches, of course people are going to mention it.

I’ve seen tons of threads over the years with people wanting a smaller unit, a bigger screen, better UI etc

Give a unit 11 switches AND the big screen and you get people saying it’s too big, give 6 switches an a tiny screen etc and people will say why doesn’t it have a better screen, take direct buttons away from the UI and say it’s Axe-edit only and people will complain what if you want to do front panel editing

People want a bigger Ax8, a smaller ax8, a more powerful Ax8, a cheaper Ax8 etc

One man wants a tiny amp modeling only pedal sized box for $499, another wants a Axe III built into a fc12 and is fine paying $3000+ for it.

User wants and needs span a huge range and no one product is going to be viewed as perfect by everyone

Should’ve created some cool rocker shades. for VR to access switching. Eyes make the changes.

I want royalties for this idea

to go from ax8 to fm3 is a downgrade imo.
the first unit from fractal that looks cheap/entry level to my eyes.
In what way?

Does the Axe Fx III look cheap? How about the FC-6? It's appearance is basically a hybrid of those 2 devices.

I think I know what he means. In person, it's apparent that the FC controllers are rock solid, functional, and elegant. For some reason, that doesn't come across very well in photos. IMO, YMMV

to go from ax8 to fm3 is a downgrade imo.
the first unit from fractal that looks cheap/entry level to my eyes.

It is “cheap” relatively speaking isn’t it? It’s the least expensive FAS product to date, and obviously targeted towards a broader market than flagship products like the III, which probably aren’t even in consideration for lots of guitar players.

Can’t fault FAS for wanting to expand their market share with everything from entry level to gear used on the biggest of A list stages

The only question I have is how long before the AX8 becomes mature... unless it already has? and will the FM3 surpass it in this manner?

Back
Top Bottom