Questions for FC Owners Re: Layouts

Matt_B_77

Power User
I've signed up for the FM-3 wait list but I've got a question about using layouts which is a feature that is shared, at least on some level, with the FC pedals.

If I understand how layouts work I believe I should be able to set up the FM-3 footswitches for the following layouts. Would some please so kind as to confirm if these layouts "might" work? Please understand that I know the FM-3 is still a bit of a black box so not caveats are necessary.

Thanks.,

Layout 1

FS 1 - Scene 1 (Hold Scene Layout)
FS 2 - Scene 2 (Hold Preset Layout
FS 3 - Scene 3 (Hold Bank/Tuner Layout)

Layout 2
FS 1 - Preset 1 (Hold Scene Layout)
FS 2 - Preset 2 (Hold Preset Layout
FS 3 - Preset 3 (Hold Bank/Tuner Layout)

Layout 3
FS 1 - Bank Up (Hold Scene Layout)
FS 2 - Bank Down (Hold Preset Layout
FS 3 - Tuner 3 (Hold Bank/Tuner Layout)

In each layout you are including a Hold to go to the same layout, you could switch those for something else, like a looper, JS
@Matt_B_77 - I wanted to quote this comment on the other thread here for you.

It's an excellent point... You don't need a button to get to the Scenes layout (for example) when you're already there.

@Matt_B_77 - I wanted to quote this comment on the other thread here for you..

Retro Rick said:
In each layout you are including a Hold to go to the same layout, you could switch those for something else, like a looper, JS

It's an excellent point... You don't need a button to get to the Scenes layout (for example) when you're already there.
Ah I get it. I use a global FS layout with the AX-8 so that's how I was thinking in terms of consistency.

To that end I could do this:

Layout 1
FS 1 - Scene 1 (Some Other function)
FS 2 - Scene 2 (Hold Preset Layout)
FS 3 - Scene 3 (Hold Bank/Tuner Layout)

Layout 2
FS 1 - Preset 1 (Hold Scene Layout)
FS 2 - Preset 2 (Some Other function)
FS 3 - Preset 3 (Hold Bank/Tuner Layout)

Layout 3
FS 1 - Bank Up (Hold Scene Layout)
FS 2 - Bank Down (Hold Preset Layout)
FS 3 - Tuner 3 (Some Other function)

Yes.

I'd suggest you read the FC manual. There's a LOT of flexibility.

One thing you might consider is the Scene Toggle and Preset Toggle ;)

I love this thread. It's making me want to limit myself to just 3 buttons in preparation of the FM3.

It cracks me up how people are condemning the thing already because it only has three buttons. What they fail to realize is that a Fractal footswitch is not a one-trick pony like the Helix (admittedly two-trick, since it has touch capacitance) or other stomp boxes. With the toggle and hold functions, each foot switch is effectively 3, plus I'm sure you'll be able to do combination presses, maybe even double tap functions (who knows what's in store for the FCs' funcitonality?).

Anyway, yeah, i'm gonna try this :)

To my knowledge, my FC-12 has 'tap' and 'hold' functions for each switch. What is this third 'toggle' function?
Scene, Preset and Channel button functions support a Toggle type, allowing the button to alternate between a primary and secondary scene, preset or channel.

They also support increment/decrement functions with both upper and lower limits.

So, a single button can be extremely powerful, considering that either of these options (and more) can be assigned to both the Tap and Hold of the button.

Back
Top Bottom