2 Axe-Fx 2 - why?

Made-up words of the day :D
Au contraire .......

ex·pli·ca·tion
/ˌekspləˈkāSH(ə)n/
noun
  1. the process of analyzing and developing an idea or principle in detail.
    "this term is meaningless without further explication and analysis"
    • the process of analyzing a literary work in order to reveal its meaning.
      "careful reading and explication of classical texts"

Au contraire .......

ex·pli·ca·tion
/ˌekspləˈkāSH(ə)n/
noun
  1. the process of analyzing and developing an idea or principle in detail.
    "this term is meaningless without further explication and analysis"
    • the process of analyzing a literary work in order to reveal its meaning.
      "careful reading and explication of classical texts"
I stand corrected... In hindsight, I think I actually knew this.

I think the grammatical use of what I quoted from still seems incorrect, though ;)

RODOLFOPELAIZ said "dirtorciones" because he speak portuguese.
And me "explication" because I'm french. I wanted to say "explanation"
By the way , unix-guy , your comment make me laugh ;-) :-D
Good to hear people still have a sense of humor - that was my exact intent ;)

If you’re a touring, high-level band, $4000 for a rig and backup is not a mess of money at all. You may be viewing this from bedroom level perspective only.
it is true chris I see it from bedroom perspective, since I calculate that at a high level millions of dollars would be earned in a single recital and pay 4000 would not even be a fly that flies disoriented. but what I say and I go to the point why fractal, which is a globally recognized and ultra good brand, does not create a single computer that makes the delay not a problem for these bands, that the backup is in the same unit, etc etc . I know that the trade is bigger and that's why. but maybe and only maybe you should ever think about what works and what does not. since they have drawn axes 2 and 3, why not take out one that is for this type of market in which all these things are already solved.

I do not say. Space would be saved and it would not happen like the photo they sent of 6 axes together. with what it implies of cabler noise and other issues.

it is true chris I see it from bedroom perspective, since I calculate that at a high level millions of dollars would be earned in a single recital and pay 4000 would not even be a fly that flies disoriented. but what I say and I go to the point why fractal, which is a globally recognized and ultra good brand, does not create a single computer that makes the delay not a problem for these bands, that the backup is in the same unit, etc etc . I know that the trade is bigger and that's why. but maybe and only maybe you should ever think about what works and what does not. since they have drawn axes 2 and 3, why not take out one that is for this type of market in which all these things are already solved.
limitations of processors, parallel processing and delay/latency. it's a tech problem. you can't just make it because it's a computer. the technology doesn't exist yet.

I'd love to see your foreign language skills.....more likely, they'd probably love to see your foreign language skills.
There's a reason I put a smiley.

Additionally, as you'll see both of those I quoted were appreciative of my humor, AND I also gave props to one in deference to my poor skill with Spanish.

There's a reason I put a smiley.

Additionally, as you'll see both of those I quoted were appreciative of my humor, AND I also gave props to one in deference to my poor skill with Spanish.
I guess I'm just more sensitive to bullies.

To go back to the initial question, I use two Axe Fx.
One for pre-amp fx and another one for post-amp fx in a stereo tube amp setup.
I was not happy with how the 4 cable setup worked for me with one Axe Fx II.
With this setup I have lots of DSP power and no problems with scene switching. If I want I can use two amps in each Axe Fx to get gapless switching and use AES/EBU or SPDIF connection between them.
At the moment I am also testing to have a JTV-59 Variax with a Helix to control the JVT-59 and use AES/EBU from the Helix to the first Axe Fx II.

Last edited:
Oh we have also different examples. Why just 2? :) :) :) ;) :
Edge%201.jpg
These Axes are used for different things. One for Delays Blocks, another one for Reverb Effects, and the two reamining for amp sims...

Back
Top Bottom