AX8 Off Load CPU resources, Reverb ?

teddis

Fractal Fanatic
With the release of the FM3 ( which is not for me )
My path is clear now to keep using the maginificent AX8....but I need to give it resources.
Am I correct in assuming that off loading the REVERB would be the logical outboard pedal to add ? I use reverb on most all my patches.

If so, I have a couple of questions please:
I use OUT1 Stereo XLR to FOH.
I use OUR2 1/4 inch to my ASM12, monitor.
How would I , or can I, hook up an outboard stomp pedal ?

Also, for the stomp box kings......what is the best pedal for this application ? Size is a consideration for me (smaller is better)

thank you

So to add a Stomp, means to add it to the "effects loop", this means I loose OUT 2 for local monitoring correct ?

With the release of the FM3 ( which is not for me )
My path is clear now to keep using the maginificent AX8....but I need to give it resources.

I presume you’re using the amp. and cab block? If so, are you using hi-res IR’s? Switching to normal res. IR’s can make a big difference on lowering CPU utilization.

hi,
Yes, I like Ultra hi res......i try to economize....but its clear off loading the Reverb would be huge,.....

Can anyone expands on Fractalz suggestion above ?
I do not understand how this would work...or hook up.
Thx

Hi,
Like I said in initial post.
OUT 1 stereo XLR TO FOH
Out 2 , 1/4 INCH to Friedman ASM.

Just saw that. You should be able to assign your 1/4 OUT 2 to sum L+R for output while retaining stereo for the XLR OUT 1 L and R.

Run a 1/4 from OUT 2 L to the input of your reverb and run a 1/4 from the output of the reverb to the effects return L. Assign an effects loop block where you want within your signal path. That should leave the R output of OUT 2 free to run a 1/4 line to the ASM

I don't know if this will send the reverb effects loop signal to your ASM.

After looking at the manual it doesn't appear that this would work. OUT 2 comes from the effects loop block and sends signal to outboard gear, and the return is passed on to the next Block in the grid onto OUT 1.

I've never tried it, so others may give a fix around this.

I'm assuming that the 1/4" jacks next to the XLR outputs are in parallel. If so, you could run those into your onstage monitor(s). You won't have separate control of the output at the AX8, but you could certainly turn up your monitor rig!:)

Hmmm, thanks that could be an option ......are there any other drawbacks to using this instead of OUT 2 ?

No drawbacks that I'm aware of. It would be the same output that FOH is getting. You wouldn't want to be
messing with the output volume as that would change the level that FOH is getting.

You could also ask for a bus mix or auxiliary line from FOH of only your stereo mix to the ASM. This would indeed provide a summed mono output to your single input of the ASM but not sure if a FOH would provide.

You put it in I/O 2 and the FX loop block is your reverb. Turn the Output 2 up all way. I've used TC electronic Hall of Fame 2 and it works great because you can get bigger presets out of the AX8.

If you use fx loop you lose Out 2 for monitoring. Im in the same boat as OP: i would like to use fx loop and monitor on Out 2, but i guess its not possible.

I was thinking maybe there is some device that could split Out 1 to two separate stereo + mono outputs?

Back
Top Bottom