AX8 Discontinued?

csassakb

Inspired
So it looks as though the AX8 will be discontinued

Question is, is there any point in buying one if it will be discontinued?

The thing they are replacing it with, isn't a replacement for the AX8, but to be used with the FC foot controller

So it looks as though the AX8 will be discontinued

Question is, is there any point in buying one if it will be discontinued?

The thing they are replacing it with, isn't a replacement for the AX8, but to be used with the FC foot controller
The announcement thread said it IS a replacement for the AX8...

Just because it has only 3 buttons is not that big of a deal because you have both tap and hold AND layouts. Those 3 buttons are much more powerful and flexible.

Where does the “with 2 taps” part come from? I don’t understand the intent of the question.

On the AX8, you’re on preset ‘x’, S1. From there you tap button 4 for S4, then tap button 1 for S1...two taps. Having a button per scene seems much simpler to me.

So buy the FC6 alongside the FM3, you then have 9 footswitches.

Which is one more than the AX8!

Yup, this modular type system means everyone's needs can be customizable and met.

Likely there will be a larger unit like a FM12 as well, but there are TONS of great options.

Cheap? No, but that's not why you are using FAS devices is it?;)

Yup, this modular type system means everyone's needs can be customizable and met.

Likely there will be a larger unit like a FM12 as well, but there are TONS of great options.

Cheap? No, but that's not why you are using FAS devices is it?;)

I dont think its that much more really
If fractal had done or does an AX9 i would have expected a 1499 price point

Yup, this design philosophy keeps it affordable and convenient and if you want more flexibility, it's just a FC or another FM away :)

The more I think about it is the more I like and appreciate it

Agreed. If I can't make the FM3 work with just 3 buttons I can always add more which is better than having to buy more than you need.

Back
Top Bottom