Axefest 2019 + AX8 ..... what do people think is coming?

AX12? I'd love that!!!!!

I don't think my wallet can handle it at the moment though...

AxeFx plugin/standalone?

I doubt a VST is in the works. But if I should speculate, I'd say something is cooking, as there have been (to my knowledge) no comment on the AX8's update future, whereas the AFX2 have been declared EOL after its successor AFX3 was released. Maybe thats the FAS business strategy, and we'll see a new gen AX8 soon? donno

Last edited:
The interesting thing this time round is that the current AX8 has been out of stock for quite some time ..... from memory the Axe 2 was available and on sale for a while before the Axe 3 was announced and was on sale also after the Axe 3 was announced.

Given the AX8 has not been in stock for such a period, they could simply announce a new "AX8 MK2" without the issue of selling off old/superseded stock ... then its just a waiting-list for the new unit.

Even if it went this way, my guess is that Fractal would issue some final FW's for the current AX8 ie: cramming in as much Ares as they can and then EOL'ing it as they did with the Axe 2

Axefest is only days away so if there is anything to know re: new-hardware, we'll know soon-enough ... if there is no new AX8 announced I reckon well see a new AX8 FW not too far off.

But hey ... Im just guessing with all this :)

Ben

Last edited:
My guess is that it is no possible to stuff any more Ares into the AX8 than what is already in there, that´s the reason why there are no updates since September. So only a new, more powerful unit makes sense. I highly doubt FAS would make another stripped down unit like an AX6 or something.

I'd love an AX8 type unit with more robust horsepower able handle the Ares firmware. Scribble strips are cool, as is a color screen, but I'm fine with the buttons the way they are. A monotone screen that is more like the screen on the new FC6/12 would be a great improvement IMO. I even sold my AX8 betting on a new unit within the next 12 to 18 months...so next weekend would be even better! The replacement I'm using, while passable, is missing that thing that only a Fractal can do. It's just not the same and I miss it. At some point I'll give up and buy and AFXIII if it takes too long. I'm 45 years old and don't relish the idea of hauling a rack and pedal board and guitar. The AX8 was the perfect solution for me, but I want a TriChorus dammit!!!! :)

sorry .... posted this in the FM3 thread by accident, so here goes .....

I dont get something ...... this new FM3 has [roughly] the same processing power as the AX8 and it will run [most of] Ares with some limitations of course ...... so surley the AX8 could have more of Ares ported to it as well .... assuming of course Fractal are willing to put the effort in to do this, which of course is totally their call ..... (?)

Honestly only FAS can give an answer.

I'd guess yes, but they have a lot more products now, and the AX8 seems to be lower on the list.

Honestly only FAS can give an answer.

I'd guess yes, but they have a lot more products now, and the AX8 seems to be lower on the list.

Probably worth noting to that given Fractal are moving all AX8 wait-listers to the FM3 wait-list, that says to me that the AX8 is hardware-E.O.L ....... but that does not mean that is it [as yet] software-FW-E.O.L ....

Back
Top Bottom