Lead patch with synth drones

Thanks...but i have no idea how to incorporate this edit the 3 notes required at the same time..

Preset attached. I find it easier to dial in the correct pitch attaching a scene controller to the synth blocks shift dial instead of trying to hit the exact frequency of every tone. This way I only have to set the correct base frequency in the pitch block (49 Hz for a G) and setup a scene controller (min 0, max 7) to move the shift value to 0, 5, and 7 for G (0%), C (71%), and D(100%). Let me know if you have any questions.

Attachments

• Lead in G.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 56
Preset attached. I find it easier to dial in the correct pitch attaching a scene controller to the synth blocks shift dial instead of trying to hit the exact frequency of every tone. This way I only have to set the correct base frequency in the pitch block (49 Hz for a G) and setup a scene controller (min 0, max 7) to move the shift value to 0, 5, and 7 for G (0%), C (71%), and D(100%). Let me know if you have any questions.

This is a far superior approach to what I did - I'm going to tweak my patch just like this!

No kidding.... I have three apps on my phone that all read something different! :confused:

I struggled dialing in the middle tone.

No kidding.... I have three apps on my phone that all read something different! :confused:

I struggled dialing in the middle tone.

The good thing about using the shift dial instead of the frequency dial is that it only knows discrete values -24 .. +24 and as long as the percentage of the scene controller is close enough it will snap to the next matching shift value while using the frequency dial you will have to hit the precise percentage (2 digits precision) which is close to impossible using the mouse. I don't understand why AX8-Edit doesn't allow to enter precise percentage values for a scene controler using the keyboard but forces you to move the dial using the mouse.

This is too much fun......Now I need to adapt the D Preset for "Run Like Hell"
Exactly how would I change the other scenes to Add the F , A , etc.
thx !

This is too much fun......Now I need to adapt the D Preset for "Run Like Hell"
Exactly how would I change the other scenes to Add the F , A , etc.
thx !

I would determine the frequency of the lowest note using the table I posted previously. Set all 3 oscillators of the synth block to that frequency. Next determine the interval between the lowest and highest note. Right click on the shift dial of every oscillator and set the corresponding max shift value accordingly. The max shift value corresponds to 100% of the scene controller value, the min value corresponds to 0% of the scene controller value. Calculate the percentage of the notes between min and max. Open the scene controller page and select e.g. 0% for scene 1 to make it generate the lowest note. Set scene 3 to 100% to create the high note and scene 2 to whatever you calculated in between. Or skip the calculation and experiment with scene controller values until it fits.

Back
Top Bottom