John Mayer with an Axe-Fx III and Khalid ...

I love his playing, both electric and acoustic, great to see his good taste for tone on these clips too.

My guess is that he was on for one song and didn't want to bring the full setup.

yes but in this case he could have played a small combo amp with small pedalboard.playing the axe fx instead says a lot about the quality of this gear and where it is about clean crunchs tones now...
that's great.i have mine since one week, it's a blast to play :)

BTW more two rock amps in axe fx would be great !

He was using 2x12 cabinets made by George Alessando, two different kinds if I recall. I don't recognize the logo, but it does look like George's cabinet. Maybe it's like a brand (Rocking J).

BTW, George does great things with Fender amps. He rewired my Deluxe Reverb Reissue and it sounds as good as my old Blackface amps now. The Normal channel is actually useful now, and reverb on both channels. Pretty awesome. End hijack...

John sounds pretty damn good there.

That’s Alessandro. Derek Trucks plays them. We have got one of his cabs as a stock cab in the III.

That’s Alessandro. Derek Trucks plays them. We have got one of his cabs as a stock cab in the III.

Apologies for the quick derail - which Cab is that please Yek? I had a look through the Cab Models list on the Wiki and couldn't identify it.

apologies Mr Yek, it won't happen again :-(

No worries. I was a bit harsh. But just keep in mind that getting tagged every day multiple times, like the Fractal people experience, can get on one's nerves.

Back
Top Bottom