Presets MASTER THREAD - AustinBuddy's 1400+ NAKED AMPS TonePack for firmware Cygnus X2

Third party presets and packs for Fractal Audio products
The updated sounds are great. I'm enjoying some presets that I glossed over or didn't love in v1 (Brit Silver and Brit 800 mostly).

Is there any way to universally disassociate the Fat/Input Boost/Cut/etc switches from the Controllers, or do we have to manually turn off the Controller for these switches to control them from Axe-Edit, for example?

Thanks!

Hi AustinBuddy,
Thanks for the updated and continued support of an excellent product!
If we download this partial update will it count against our access to continued updates under our customer profile?
Huge fan,
Jason

Thanks! I think the limit default is 10 downloads per product but I can reset it if you encounter an issue on that - just email me.

The updated sounds are great. I'm enjoying some presets that I glossed over or didn't love in v1 (Brit Silver and Brit 800 mostly).

Is there any way to universally disassociate the Fat/Input Boost/Cut/etc switches from the Controllers, or do we have to manually turn off the Controller for these switches to control them from Axe-Edit, for example?

Thanks!
Well... they are set by amp block (2), and per preset. The idea is the foot controller can change the default value, using the Amp Page Layout I created.

I will say some presets do not assign brite or saturation (yet) for various reasons, but all let you do an amp boost or a Fat switch - those default to OFF. The amp boost is the neutral one but it will work if you switch the type to another one.

If you have an FC12, you might want to try and load the global+FC systems file that is included. Please back your own up first, before that with FractalBot so you can go back!

I have no idea how to do that. I did a forum search and looked at the manuals. What am I missing?

Ah that makes sense
Thanks
Pauly

Hey Pauly, it is a really good point. I shortened so could see in small LEDs for FC as preset names on preset layout page...else you'd see seven presets saying "Blackface" on FC but rest of name cut off...Maybe for the final I can go back to that since most of name fits in top screen... easy to do.

But the scene names really needed to fit into the small LED windows on the FC, that seems to be important to strive for. I know it can get weird with super abbreviations....

Well... they are set by amp block (2), and per preset. The idea is the foot controller can change the default value, using the Amp Page Layout I created.

I will say some presets do not assign brite or saturation (yet) for various reasons, but all let you do an amp boost or a Fat switch - those default to OFF. The amp boost is the neutral one but it will work if you switch the type to another one.

Would be great if you provided some documentation on how the FC Control Switches work with these patches, so that we can manually adjust our FC setup. Thanks!

Would be great if you provided some documentation on how the FC Control Switches work with these patches, so that we can manually adjust our FC setup. Thanks!

FC 1 - not used

FC 2 - amp block amp boost is ON (in some amps like Ecstasy it may turn it off instead). Note this is neutral boost.

FC 3 - FAS Fat switch on amp engaged

FC 4 - brite switch off/on. ( not every preset has this)

FC 5 - will switch on Amp block Saturation to “Ideal” (no volume loss).... this is not fully
Implemented yet because it worked in axe-edit 1.1.3 when I did the Tweeds but by the time I used 1.1.4 it had been disabled. So I will add in final version.

You should also set up a “Kicker Coil” foot-switch to Turn on Filter Block 1 when using Strats or Teles, use either channel A or B taste.

EDIT: Also - Drive Block 1 (when present) are some fuzzes and an Octavia. Drive Block 2 is a MicroBoost or Klon Boost and always present. Drive Block 3 will vary by preset but is usually overdrives.

Last edited:
Just went through your updated v5 presets. They are awesome. Especially the Marshalls. Highlight for me was scene 2 on the Silver Jubilee patch. I could play on that one for hours. Well done!

Just went through your updated v5 presets. They are awesome. Especially the Marshalls. Highlight for me was scene 2 on the Silver Jubilee patch. I could play on that one for hours. Well done!

Thanks! For me fresh ears are always going to yield productive tweaks. I’m moving through them and am disappointed in the Bogner Uberschall from original set. Going to change some cabs and tune those up for firmware 5.x. The Ecstasy is simply killer though! A top five amp for me.

Hello everyone:

By this weekend, will have the 1000+ Naked Amps TonePack for Axe-Fx III version 5.x for Bank A done and sitting in your account as an available new download for firmware 5.06 -- that's around 800 sounds/tones. That availability assertion for the coming weekend assumes the just-released firmware 5.7 doesn't drastically change anything that adds further workload (like major re-leveling).

You'll see I've expanded some amps into more presets/scenes (like more preset/scenes for the Friedman Brown Eyes, Marshall JVM410JS, and the Splawns, for just some examples).

The rest of the update -- Bank B -- will be ready sometime in June. That bank will have all the Class-A or zero negative feedback amps, Boutique Amps, Preamps, and Bass amps and the bonus presets.

So we are still on track for "early summer" as promised for completed update.

Here's what it looks like laid out presets 000-103 are done (below). The second graphic (starting with 104) is what's left at end of Bank A I'll get done this week.

Asterisk at beginning of preset name means dialed in specifically for single coils, and if asterisk is at end of preset name it means at least one scene has a single coil preset. Scene names have been re-done and shrunk in length to fit (as much as possible) into an FC12 or FC6 controller mini-LED. Of course, any preset/scene can be used with single coils by using the included "kicker coil" filter block boost.

Gotta rest my ears some after a total weekend-long session, and will get back after it! Thanks for your patience!

Screen Shot 2019-05-06 at 10.46.02 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-05-06 at 10.46.38 PM.png

Back
Top Bottom