Axe-Fx III USB Firmware Version 1.08

A new USB firmware version has been released for the Axe-Fx III. Version 1.08 addresses an issue with the AES outputs.

I use the AES outputs. Is there anything we should know about what the update does or if it might might affect us? Thanks

Hi

I am Running AXE FX 111, Latest Firmware and Fractal Bot version on a Win 7 laptop. There is no midi buffer size adjuster visible ( and from memory never has been). The install fails with an error, which I assume comes form my inability to set Midi Buffer size. Any Thoughts please?

Regards
Warren

Hi

I am Running AXE FX 111, Latest Firmware and Fractal Bot version on a Win 7 laptop. There is no midi buffer size adjuster visible ( and from memory never has been). The install fails with an error, which I assume comes form my inability to set Midi Buffer size. Any Thoughts please?

Regards
Warren
Sounds like you didn’t follow the instructions to enter Utility mode.

Hi

Regards
Warren
Read the included instructions again, very carefully. You have to press and hold the 'Ctrl' (PC), or the 'Command' (Mac) tab while clicking on the drop-down menu to expose the 'Utility' option.

Hi

Regards
Warren
You selected Utility, right? I believe I've only seen it when in that setting...

yes I did to check version but then exited...I should stay there then?

I have just gone back in and am sitting in utilities mode looking at the version numbers. The update went through and I am now on usb 1.08, as it turns out, but still no midi buffers size setting on the screen

The best way to find out if it is essential or just recommended is to read the part where I wrote that it was recommended.
Well, seeing as how you don't want to say it's not essential, only to imply that, I will take the "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" stance.

I don’t know if this has anything to do with it, but it now seems like AxeEdit is quite a bit quicker. Is it me & possibly the fresh boots or the driver?

Parameters and cab names polling seem to take same time as before...
Upon opening everything seemed to fire right up real quick for me.. However I agree with Cab names polling.. I’ll be interested to see if the connection will remain after waking the laptop, a lot of times I’ll have to reboot the laptop to get the connection back between the AxeFX & laptop.

HM. Anyone else have a problem updating? After 2 attempts FW still says 5.05. On Mac. 10.12.6. I quit all midi applications, DAW, notation software and Chrome. I did not reboot Mac. I did Axe Fx III of course. Utilities of course. 300 ms. Check.

Back
Top Bottom