Axe-Fx III USB Firmware Version 1.08

Admin M@

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
A new USB firmware version has been released for the Axe-Fx III. Version 1.08 addresses an issue with the AES outputs. Find it here, complete with instructions on how to upgrade:

[LINK REMOVED AFTER VERSION 1.10 was published to the Axe-Fx III Downloads page of the web site.]

Don't confuse USB Firmware with the Windows USB driver, or with a general DSP firmware update of the kind that might add new amp models or sound features; USB firmware controls how the unit interacts with a computer and other peripheral interfaces.

This version is recommended for all Axe-Fx III units running any previous USB Firmware version.

Last edited:
A new USB firmware version has been released for the Axe-Fx III. Version 1.08 addresses an issue with the AES outputs. Find it here, complete with instructions on how to upgrade:

https://www.fractalaudio.com/downlo...axe-fx-3/USB/Axe-Fx-III-USB-Firmware-1p08.zip

Don't confuse USB Firmware with the Windows USB driver, or with a general DSP firmware update of the kind that might add new amp models or sound features; USB firmware controls how the unit interacts with a computer and other peripheral interfaces.
it's important to read the install instructions carefully - this process is different than installing the regular firmware

https://www.fractalaudio.com/downlo...axe-fx-3/USB/Axe-Fx-III-USB-Firmware-1p08.zip

This version is recommended for all Axe-Fx III units running any previous USB Firmware version.
Is there any need to install this if you don't use the AES outputs?

If you don't use AES and you've not experienced any issues then I suspect not.

However, since it is a recommended update, why would you not apply it?
Just curious if there is any benefit for someone that never uses AES and trying to find out if it is essential or just recommended as is stated in the OP.

Tried three times ..., no joy !

I keep getting the following message:

"An error has occurred during file transmission. Please reboot the Axe-Fx III and try again ( Status code: 1 )"

Tried three times ..., no joy !

I keep getting the following message:

"An error has occurred during file transmission. Please reboot the Axe-Fx III and try again ( Status code: 1 )"
I had the same problem too. Did you follow the instructions in the read me file - I didn't get it at first - and go through the utility mode of fractal bot ? Everything went fine for me then with the correct procedure.

I've got a Windows machine, so I hold down the control key while selecting the Axe-Fx III in the drop down box right ?

I did that but nothing appeared to change ? I can't tell that I'm in Utility mode ( or not ) ?

And still got the error code ....

I've got a Windows machine, so I hold down the control key while selecting the Axe-Fx III in the drop down box right ?

I did that but nothing appeared to change ? I can't tell that I'm in Utility mode ( or not ) ?

Hold down the CTRL key, then clock the box... then select "Utility."

Yeah, it took me a few minutes to grok the hold control thing down, but after I figured it out it worked fine. Hold down the control key while you do what you normally do in Frac-Bot to select the Axe-III from the drop down menu at the top. If you are doing it right, you will see "utility" as the last choice. If you are doing it wrong, you won't.

click the selection box itself. you aren't "selecting Axe-Fx III".

i show how it in my FC video. i'll make a video about USB updates as well.

2:41 in this video:

This is getting weird ( er ) and weird ( er ) ....

Could my machine bought over a year ago have been shipped w/ 1.08 ?

I just figured that it wouldn't have and that it would need to be updated .... But after all the errors, I went back and checked the version before trying to update and it says 1.08 ?????

This is getting weird ( er ) and weird ( er ) ....

Could my machine bought over a year ago have been shipped w/ 1.08 ?

I just figured that it wouldn't have and that it would need to be updated .... But after all the errors, I went back and checked the version before trying to update and it says 1.08 ?????
it can "error out" yet still install.

there's no way your machine that old could have had something created just moments ago.

Back
Top Bottom