Recording issue when using Axe-Fx II with Cubase

Hi,

I've just bought Fractal AXE FX II, but I'm having issues hooking it up.

My guitar is plugged straight into INSTR jack in front panel of my AXE FX II, together with headphones into PHONES jack which I'm using as monitors. From the rear side I'm hooked up to my computer via USB (FAS USB Driver is installed successfully).

Seems like for some reason I'm not able hear MIDI tracks from my Cubase, and record guitars simultaneously. For example when using Analog (In 1) in I/O setting as "main input source" I can clearly hear the guitar but the backing track is so silent, almost impossible to hear. If I change the "main input source" to USB I can clearly hear the backing track but no guitars then. Probably it's an easy fix but I don't what I'm doing wrong.

Can someone please help with an advice?
Thanks in advance!

Perhaps it's just a sampling rate thing? The AXE FX II is 48kHz and you can't change that. So if your Cubase projekt is set to 44.1kHz...

I agree with the above suggestion. Try to create a new project with the proper settings for the axe fx ( 48 khz sample rate is a must) and try again starting from scratch.
Consider also that the axe fx 2 does not allow you to reamp the guitar tracks by hearing them in a mix context unless you use a specific method which is described in one of sticky posts in this forum.

Thanks a lot for the help guys.

Looks like value of USB return level was set to -60dB in I/O settings.
I apologize for asking the same questions, but as I said, I'm new to the forum and AXE FX...

Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom