Raven: help needed

muaddib

Inspired
Hi guys,

I hope I don't post incorrectly but I need help.
In addition to being a average guitar player with a definite love for fractal, I am also very involved with birds.

I was happily living with many birds: 3 hawks, 2 falcons and 4 wonderful ravens.

These 4 ( human breeded ) ravens were the most intelligent beeing I ever met outside of humans. They came to us after an very dark moment in our lives and helped both me and my wife to get out of deep depression.

Sadly, our local authorities decided we were not fit to keep our friends... No matter the note from our vets, the bills (most were extremely sick when we acquired them) and the note of our doctor explaining their importance...

I am trying to fight this, but I need as much help as possible. I don't need money but signatures and shares to help my case.

So if you can, please sign this petition, share. This means the world to me and my family.

http://chng.it/L6JX2KJXXQ

Thank you so much

Signed. Respect for what you did!
I can imagine how they are part of the family now!
Good luck and let us know the outcome!

Signed. Respect for what you did!
I can imagine how they are part of the family now!
Good luck and let us know the outcome!
Thank you! And yes, they are family... I can't get over the fact that I had to put them in boxes and how much they were afraid and lost...

There was month old fawn (a little doe) that wandered into my back yard about 3 years ago. She had been rattlesnake bit and appeared to have been abandoned by her mother because she was starved and almost gone. After hearing of how strict the wildlife enforcement can be and huge fines, I obtained a wildlife rehabilitation permit and took care of her. There was a course required to renew the permit after the first year, that I drove to Connecticut about 1.5 years ago and took.

I haven't renewed the permit but really want to, so I can help with the deer population that was almost wiped out here by the blue tongue disease around 1.5-2 years ago.

The reason I haven't, is after seeing how the system works it left me disgusted. You basically use your time, money, property and resources with no help at all, can be inspected at any time. Then you really have no say so in how the animals welfare are handled. There's a time limit for when they have to be released and if you don't feel the animal can survive on it's own you're supposed to youthanize it. I understand wanting to discourage people from making pets of wild animals, but where is compassion and common sense?

We are slowly losing rights to everything except paying our wonderful government, which is controlled by everything but common sense.

I have heard of facilities that keep injured animals that can't return to the wild and they live out their lives there. Maybe you should check on the wildlife rehabilitation permit and laws in your state. I still believe it would come down to the wildlife enforcement officer you deal with and like in my case if neighbors complain. I believe if no one complains they (authorities) don't care, but as soon as someone does..... look out!

edit:

I just signed the petition and see you are not in the us. Not sure I was much help?

I just signed the petition and see you are not in the us. Not sure I was much help?
Thank you!
I want the petition to be as international as possible to counter a extremely regional vision (small country here ... And we are talking of a specific city law...)

I tried to get rehab license but it was ignored. Authorities basically allow you to ask but don't grant them.

This means birds that can not be freed will be put down. I know multiple case of unrealeasable animals put down for more or less a very extreme view on care.

I did try to join the rehab center as I have quite some experience and they rejected me coz...I also have Harris hawks... And they hate people with raptors even if I don't hunt or fly demonstration...

They seized a wood pidgeon I saved after a car hit. Bird lost an eye and we had to force feed him for weeks. Vets told us it cannot be freed...but they still took him to probably put him down.... So much for valuing life.

And what you see and feel with your gov seems to be the same I see here...

Thank you for sharing your story. Somehow this really help me been even more motivated to fight this nonsense.

Signed. Ravens are awesome!
Thank you!
I confirm. They are also the most intelligent beeing outside of humans I ever met.

They give us gifts, they came to us when we were sad to recomfort us, they collected interesting stones (and gave some to us), had a very interesting sense of humor (!) and made practical jokes... They were not wild and had a culture of their own and really tried to fit with our weird human habits.

we gave up things (tv, most useless decorations) to enjoy their company and these were the best time of our lives.

I do miss them dearly.

Back
Top Bottom