External switch for Volume inc/dec

Chewie5150

Fractal Fanatic
I posted a thread in the MFC section but i feel thats even farther removed than even this section for traffic. I know most of you have all moved on to the III and the FC's...

Thinking about adding some kind of 2 button switch for a Volume inc/dec to use with my MFC-101. I know I could use a volume block but I rarely need to adjust volume so don't want to add vol block to each preset. I'm hoping to use a 2 switch unit attached to amp level (if possible). Inc/dec increments would be set small so I can adjust presets volume on the fly when needed.

I have 3 exp pedals already. 1 is dedicated Wah, second is usually dedicated for amp drive input and third is dedicated for delay input. Don't want another exp pedal.

First question - is it necessary to change MFC mode to general midi just for this purpose? Will I lose axe fx mode?

Second question - any suggestions on a simple small two switch unit?

I posted a thread in the MFC section but i feel thats even farther removed than even this section for traffic. I know most of you have all moved on to the III and the FC's...

Thinking about adding some kind of 2 button switch for a Volume inc/dec to use with my MFC-101. I know I could use a volume block but I rarely need to adjust volume so don't want to add vol block to each preset. I'm hoping to use a 2 switch unit attached to amp level (if possible). Inc/dec increments would be set small so I can adjust presets volume on the fly when needed.

I have 3 exp pedals already. 1 is dedicated Wah, second is usually dedicated for amp drive input and third is dedicated for delay input. Don't want another exp pedal.

First question - is it necessary to change MFC mode to general midi just for this purpose? Will I lose axe fx mode?

Second question - any suggestions on a simple small two switch unit?
I don't think you need to change anything... They will just be MFC external switches.

Assign your CCs and that should be it.

I kind of figured that makes sense as well. I read on some thread while back that you may have to put the MFC into a general midi mode in order to do this. I have MFC edit will take a look there. just need to get a little switch unit

I kind of figured that makes sense as well. I read on some thread while back that you may have to put the MFC into a general midi mode in order to do this. I have MFC edit will take a look there. just need to get a little switch unit
you can set switches to "generic" use while staying in an Axe-Fx mode.

i believe it's the switch page after the Axe assignment. rather than assigning DELAY1 or something, the next page says something like CC#, etc. so set the Axe page to NONE and assign the CC# as needed.

you can set switches to "generic" use while staying in an Axe-Fx mode.

i believe it's the switch page after the Axe assignment. rather than assigning DELAY1 or something, the next page says something like CC#, etc. so set the Axe page to NONE and assign the CC# as needed.
But he's talking about external switches... I don't think that this even applies to externals. They just send CCs as far as I am aware.

If the FS6 works then the R2E2 switch from T1M (not affiliated) will work as well. It "incorporates two momentary normally closed stomps (soft touch) in a 1590A enclosure (1.5×3.5) enclosure." I use one with my Eclipse for bypass and tap tempo. Works great.

Do you want this to store the preset (including block state changes in any scenes) automatically when used? The vol inc/dec functions will do that.

Sysex commands can get a non-saving ±1 dB for any block. With the MFC you'd need to use onboard IAs for this since external switches can't send custom messages. The current XY state would be adjusted and keep the new level until preset reload.

Back
Top Bottom