MFC Extension

Correct.
I had a nice exit from the EXT4MFC business which allowed me to retire early and buy my own island + studio and…..
Ammm well not really :)
I stopped making these as the cost of the enclosure went extremely high and as I was not manufacturing hundreds but only few each time, it was a lost instead of profit not to mention at least covering the cost.
It was a very good product, bullet proof construction, 100% fit to the MFC101 but……
Sorry.

Correct.
I had a nice exit from the EXT4MFC business which allowed me to retire early and buy my own island + studio and…..
I stopped making these as the cost of the enclosure went extremely high and as I was not manufacturing hundreds but only few each time, it was a lost instead of profit not to mention at least covering the cost.
It was a very good product, bullet proof construction, 100% fit to the MFC101 but……
Sorry.

You did a very good job with this extension module! I was very close to getting one before the Axe-FX3 was announced which changed my plans drastically.

I would highly recommend to the OP to grab one if it ever appears in the second hand markets.

I bought the green onion extention. 4 extra buttons. The same thing as roadrunned used to build, only not as cool looking. Very functional.
Roadrunner stopped building just before I realized I wanted one haha.

Correct.
Sorry.

With the new changes to how the FC-6 and FC-12 work with extension switches you could probably sell a lot to them if they were made to match the size and shapes of the FC-6 and FC-12. The ones you did for the MFC were great.

With the new changes to how the FC-6 and FC-12 work with extension switches you could probably sell a lot to them if they were made to match the size and shapes of the FC-6 and FC-12. The ones you did for the MFC were great.

Thanks mate.
The main problem is the enclosure, not the electronics (circuit).
If you wona go full metal chassis + 100% fit to the midi board (any), you need to custom produce it in a metal shop and if you are not planning to produce hundreds in each batch, it ends up VERY expensive and that is the reason why I quit, no one will pay 250 – 300$ for an extension.

I did not had the chance yet to check the new FC6/12 yet but I’m 95% sure the old EXT4MFC will fit (technically, not shape) and do the exact same job on the new controllers same as with the MFC101.

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom