Closed Adding selectable sample rate feature with Firmware update?

Status
Not open for further replies.

leon1991

It will be possible to add selectable sample rate feature with Firmware update as Kemper did?
Or it will be necessary to change hardware for this feature?

As a studio owner and working guitarist, here is my take on the whole sample rate issue....

Keeping a single sample rate enables Cliff and his team to optimize the algorithms for that sample rate, getting the best audio quality for the least amount of processing power. Supporting multiple sample rates would potentially complicate the firmware and require special code to handle various corner cases with certain sample rates...this would tie up the team and prevent them from their singular focus of making the Axe-Fx III (and other fractal products) the best they can be.

In the studio the sample rate is a don't care for me. Either you are a professional studio and have the tools to deal with it (tons of channels of high quality AD/DA, analog console, latency compensation in DAW, etc), or you are a hobbyist in which case your DAW can do an awesome job converting the sample rate of the project your buddy gave you to something that works with the Axe-Fx III.

Well at least he asked nicely this time, and look a the difference - the big man himself chimed in with a response!

See? Show some respect and you'll likely have a great time here :) this is a wonderful place, despite your previous thread being met with similar fire that you breathed upon everyone

You have lots of great solutions presented to you....if I were you I'd definitely appreciate that, and I think we are all wiser and learned a thing or two in the process.

If it means that much to you, Cliff himself offered some alternatives, but if you can use one of the many workarounds, you'll find it well worth such a minor 'shortcoming' in your mind

Well at least he asked nicely this time, and look a the difference - the big man himself chimed in with a response!

See? Show some respect and you'll likely have a great time here :) this is a wonderful place, despite your previous thread being met with similar fire that you breathed upon everyone

You have lots of great solutions presented to you....if I were you I'd definitely appreciate that, and I think we are all wiser and learned a thing or two in the process.

If it means that much to you, Cliff himself offered some alternatives, but if you can use one of the many workarounds, you'll find it well worth such a minor 'shortcoming' in your mind

As I said also in my previous thread i didn't meant to offend anyone and i apologized for every "maybe" too hostile words in that.
Since the beginning i showed my love and appreciation for this company and for the great work they did on every AXE FX, this has always been out of discussion.
The only thing i felt very frustrated about was the lack of this feature, that is really important for my "wish have" workflow and, as everyone seen, many others had my same needs and feeling about that.

Said that, obviously there are alternatives, I already know that.
Anyway i don't think any of the "great solution" presented to me is that really great.

Well they aren't too shabby of options either. Either way, it is not something that can be changed, so beat try out the various options and see what works best for you :)

If not, you might have to do like Cliff suggested and go toaster or floor potato.

I'm sure kemper didn't upgrade their cpu when they added additional sample rates. I've always suspected that with many devices that this is somewhat of a trick - like converting a 128k mp3 to a 320k mp3. It's in a higher res format but it's exactly the same information as the lower version. FAS probably didn't leave a backdoor for a trick.

48k isn't a problem at all for me, but I can see how it can be an additional step for someone that records a lot. They're several solutions available, software and hardware. To me it's more simple than if you have to mic up a real amp which studios deal with all the time. Somethings you just have to accept.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom