More Power

You can combine multiple IR's into one without CabLab. Just use a Synth Block with a sine wave sweeping from 20 to 20kHz and the ToneMatch block

Here are the instructions and a template preset:
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/cab-export.71847/#post-952408

BTW: the paid version of CabLab has always been an useless tool for me because I've never managed to audition the mix in real time. It is easier to mix at the Axe-FX III Cab Block

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...-what-are-the-advantages-of-cab-lab-3.144996/

Last edited:
I didn’t look at the preset. Even with 6 IRs it puzzles me that CPU is so high. Is he using HiRes IRs instead of UltraRes?

I meant: in general. Tell an AX8 owner that he’s saving 4,5% by removing shunts and he’ll jump in the air.

Might make AX8 users happy, though I can't say I'd be doing backflips over 4.5% as an Axe-Fx II or III user.

I didn’t look at the preset. Even with 6 IRs it puzzles me that CPU is so high. Is he using HiRes IRs instead of UltraRes?

None of the IR's are stock, so I'm not sure. He has Preamp Mode set to High Quality for both Cab blocks, which will add another 4.5% compared to Economy.

A big CPU saving can also come from using Spring Reverb (if this works for you sound wise). Worth a try!

If he removes every shunt, deletes the Looper & Send/Return blocks, and sets both Cab block's Preamp Mode to Economy, he can drop the CPU down to around 69%, which would be enough to add a Reverb block.

Additionally, if he consolidated each Cab block's multiple IR's into a single slot using Tone Match, he'd drop that figure down to around 50%, which would allow him to add both Reverb blocks with CPU to spare.

Last edited:
Hi Alex,
You could double your power and maintain a simpler configuration if you told the bass player to get his own axe fx!
Thanks
Pauly

Hi,
I've had my axe about 3 months, and just getting to place where I'm creating some custom sweet sounds and using it regularly when I play. I absolutely love the thing; and I know I'm just scratching the surface on the sounds I get. I love the exchange and being able to presets from other users.

However..... I'm running out of power
View attachment 54004

OK.... I'm not honestly putting 5 reverbs in a row, but I honestly DO NEED more power.

In this preset I'm looping a bass part using a pitch shift down and a bass amp, and then playing lead on top of it with a wah effect. I wanted to put a reverb in to the bass part but I couldn't - out of juice. But I am honest about this - it does bring back horror flashbacks of my Digitech days ;-(

So when's the Axe Fx IV coming out?

Any suggestions?
PowerLess in Pittsburgh

By the way - how does one attach their presets? I tried attaching this preset
H

Interesting. I have "kitchen sink" presets and use up all the memory too. I've found that utilizing channels helps a LOT and removing shunts. I basically build my presets from column 1 (Input) to the last column (output) then once everything is in place, I work on removing stuff I don't need (shunts).

CPU optimizer mode...
Recognize ghost shunts.
A computer has free up resources... same idea should apply? Eliminate things from start up menus eliminate things running in the background...etc? I'll wait a few seconds for the tuner to load up...etc.

Might make AX8 users happy, though I can't say I'd be doing backflips over 4.5% as an Axe-Fx II or III user.
I'm an Axe Fx III user with kitchen sink presets. So even 2-3% is helpful to stay under 80% for me ;)
None of the IR's are stock, so I'm not sure. He has Preamp Mode set to High Quality for both Cab blocks, which will add another 4.5% compared to Economy.
Or set Type to None as I mentioned before, of course assuming the the preamp is not being used.

Remember...the cpu load is only a warning. I have one huge preset using 92%.....and yes...there is a warning...but everything is working perfectly.

Back
Top Bottom