Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 5.05

OK, I've ALWAYS like the sound of a Boogie as long as someone else was playing it, in my hands, I always thought they sounded like shit.... until the JP2C ... holy shitballs!!!! this is now my favorite amp. The Soldano was my go to amp because I love them IRL, the JP2C has now taken its place.

@FractalAudio , I have no idea how you do it but that amplifier model is pure magic! I suspect you truly are from another dimension...

I am really liking the sound and feel of theses new models also! Spent an hour last night with the red and yellow :)

I see you changed shirts @stink!;)

Here's my clip of the test.

It's a seamless clip. Half is the Marshall through a Zilla Fatboy with a single 57 and the other half is the Friedman BE C45 with the preamp high frequency cut all the way up and an IR shot of the same mic-up. The knobs on the real amp and the model are pretty much the same. I'm sure if I spent more time on it, I could get them even closer, but this was just a quick test to see if I could get in the ballpark. The only EQ is a high pass at 80 Hz.

It's scary how accurate 5.05 is.

That sounds bang on! Time to dust the DSL off...

That sounds bang on! Time to dust the DSL off...
Hahaha, crazy right?! I’m curious if you get the same results with your DSL and the BE C45 with the preamp high frequency cutoff brought up (I had mine all the way up, but Cliff said it’s double whatever the value is on the mode). It made me stoked today!

From the YouTube Video...

MESA/Boogie
The SHRED mode in the John Petrucci Signature JP-2C is an incredibly useful feature for dialing in cut, edge and detail in modern high gain settings. John explains how and where using this feature can be useful in different heavy rhythm/crunch applications as well as adding additional detail to help solo sounds cut through in a mix. SHRED can tighten intricate rhythm passages in lower registers and on extended range guitars and riffs and it accomplishes this by adding a narrow boost of harmonic content in the treble regions for Ch. 2 & Ch. 3. Shred is assignable to either CH. 2 only or both Ch. 2 & Ch. 3, and it’s also MIDI programmable/controllable.
John’s SHRED Mode Ch. 2 Crunch JP-2C settings: Gain 6.5 Master 4 Presence 7 Treble 5 Middle 4 Bass 2.5 EQ 1 Settings 80hz +6db 220hz +5.5db 750hz -5.5db 2200hz +3.5db 6600hz +5db

Recorded with John Petrucci Ernie Ball MusicMan Majesty with DiMarzio Illuminator pickups into Ch. 2 +EQ 1 of the JP2C through a Rectifier Traditional 4x12 Straight with Mesa Custom Celestion Vintage 30 speakers.

MIc’d with a Shure KSM 313, Shure SM57 and stereo camera room mic. Mixed with 45% KSM 313, 45% SM57 and 10% room mic.

Last edited:
From The YouTube Video John’s Ch. 3 Solo JP-2C settings: Gain 8.5 Master 4.5 Presence 6 Treble 5.5 Middle 4.5 Bass 3 EQ 1 Settings 80hz +6db 220hz +5.5db 750hz -5db 2200hz +3db 6600hz +4db JP
Lead Delay is a Dual Delay (generated by Fractal Axefx XL+) This delay is set for longer delay times.

Recorded with John Petrucci Ernie Ball MusicMan Majesty with DiMarzio Illuminator pickups into Ch. 3 +EQ 2 of the JP2C through a Rectifier Traditional 4x12 Straight with Mesa Custom Celestion Vintage 30 speakers.

MIc’d with a Shure KSM 313, Shure SM57 and stereo camera room mic. Mixed with 45% KSM 313, 45% SM57 and 10% room mic.

Last edited:
So....Last night I used the JP-2C with the Cab Block from the Fractal Petrucci Preset. Just a little basic EQ Tweaking before rehearsal.... Wow!!!
This will now be my Main Amp Block...

Last edited:
Here's my clip of the test.

It's a seamless clip. Half is the Marshall through a Zilla Fatboy with a single 57 and the other half is the Friedman BE C45 with the preamp high frequency cut all the way up and an IR shot of the same mic-up. The knobs on the real amp and the model are pretty much the same. I'm sure if I spent more time on it, I could get them even closer, but this was just a quick test to see if I could get in the ballpark. The only EQ is a high pass at 80 Hz.

It's scary how accurate 5.05 is.

Both sound great. The second half is brighter and clearer on my nice flat set of Boston Acoustic computer speakers with sub.

Both sound great. The second half is brighter and clearer on my nice flat set of Boston Acoustic computer speakers with sub.
Second half is the Axe with an IR.
I think I could get them closer messing with the supply sag and fine tuning the bass and depth, but they’re already so close that it doesn’t really matter to me. That ole snubber cap adjustment did the trick.

Second half is the Axe with an IR.
I think I could get them closer messing with the supply sag and fine tuning the bass and depth, but they’re already so close that it doesn’t really matter to me. That ole snubber cap adjustment did the trick.
They are close, but I think the second half, which you say is the AXE FX, will sound better and stand out more in a mix.

Wow, that was fast!!!:D

Woo Hoo!!!

Fixed missing menu for USA JP IIC+ Yellow amp model when using authentic controls.
Added USA JP IIC+ Yellow amp model (channel 2). . NOTE: To emulate the “Shred” mode turn the High Treble control to approximately 3-4 dB (or adjust to taste, you are not limited by a single switch).
Fixed corruption in FC Remote menu.

Back
Top Bottom