FC-12 plus some Expression pedals - What board will you mount to?

My rack lids take a knocking, as that’s why they’re there. So I wouldn’t place a controller in it.

Why on earth isn't the FC-12 made 19" wide, so it would fit in the lid of the rack case?

>V<
I suspect that would because if they would have made it 19" wide we`d of ended up with a FC 10 ,
The spacing between the switches is crutial or we`d possibly stepping on 2 switches in stead of one . Distance apart is crucial

I would actually be happy with a 10 (I think lol) and If it was 19" wide I'd have a 6 space rack, and put the footswitch in a padded soft bag velcro'd to the bottom of the rack. That said.. if a crew was handling my gear instead of me, everything would be different.

For those of us that are too lazy to build, like me haha, there a half dozen companies that do this.........View attachment 46874

ResizeImage.aspx.jpeg

I'll be building one of these. I've got a couple laying around now but there a bit too narrow. I can't bare to part with the extra $150+ I'd have to spend to purchase one when they're so easy and cheap to DIY. Plus you can make it to your exact specs and very light if you choose to use thinner plywood. 3/4" is generally thicker than needed, IMO.

In fact, I may use 2 of them - 1 for the FC-12 and 1 for expression pedals so I can angle them a bit. I used 2 with my MFC and 4 expression pedals. I'm planning to use 2 pedals with the FC-12

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I am curious if anyone has any recommendations for how to affix the FC-12 to a pedalboard with a carpet like material on the bottom. I noticed that the bottom of the FC-12 doesn't touch the floor (due to the legs on the end), so applying velcro is not going to work on the bottom.

One thought I had was to glue a thin piece of wood to the bottom of the FC-12 which will then make the bottom of the unit flush with the floor, and I can apply velcro. Thing is, will velcro stick something as heavy as the FC-12?

Thoughts much appreciated!

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I am curious if anyone has any recommendations for how to affix the FC-12 to a pedalboard with a carpet like material on the bottom. I noticed that the bottom of the FC-12 doesn't touch the floor (due to the legs on the end), so applying velcro is not going to work on the bottom.

One thought I had was to glue a thin piece of wood to the bottom of the FC-12 which will then make the bottom of the unit flush with the floor, and I can apply velcro. Thing is, will velcro stick something as heavy as the FC-12?

Maybe you missed it, are you aware you can take the rubber side-caps off of the FC-12?

Velcro should stick fine if there's enough surface area, but perhaps go dual-lock if you're worried.

Hi there -

I actually designed a simple solution to mount pretty much anything to a board without having to go through the hassle of removing feet, caps or whatever. It's based off the design I made for GloRiser, which is an expression/wah pedal mount designed to achieve the same thing but for expression pedals, which has been extremely popular.

The product is called 'GloRiser Uni' and you can even use it as a platform to light up the underside of your controller if you're feeling saucy. I had used it to mount my old AX8 to a board and gigged the hell out of it - never moved an inch. It has been extremely popular since I launched it last year (in fact, I think I just sold out of it again, having only restocked 2 days ago!).

Check them out here:

http://www.zenrigs.com/epages/es138...Controller__Multi_FX_Mount_and_Light_Platform

and please shout if you have any questions or if I can help with anything.

Cheers!
Sukh (ZenRigs)

I used a couple of (roughly) 2" wide strips of 3/8" plywood with industrial Velcro hook tape on both sides, and mounted the corresponding Velcro loop tape to the bottom of my FC. The plywood is just a bit thicker than gap caused by the end caps, and it works great. I painted the plywood black just to seal the wood. In reality, the plywood doesn't show up at all anyway. I personally didn't have a need for a lighted platform, and didn't want to need to run any power to my pedalboard.

I used the same thickness of painted plywood (with Velcro hook tape) to replace the bottom panels on my Mission expression pedals, too. The thin aluminum bottom panels used by Mission are so flexible that I was afraid of bending them when the time came to remove the pedals from the carpeted board. The plywood, OTOH, doesn't flex.

And to answer your question about the Velcro strength, two roughly 7" long x 2" wide strips of industrial strength Velcro tape from Lowe's or Home Depot is all I need to firmly hold my FC-6 in place. I can turn the pedalboard upside down and the FC still stays put. I used a similar approach with my MFC-101, using 3 strips of Velcro instead of 2. It was quite a project getting it off the carpeted surface on the pedalboard when I upgraded to the FC-6. That sucker was stuck on good.

Last edited:
I'm still waiting for my FC12, so I can't speak th that one, but I used velcro to attach my old MFC101, which has a similar weight to my board, and never had a problem. In fact, it was a bear to remove; I used a putty knife slid between the velcro layers to loosen them enough to pry them. I only had three strips of velcro, on a Pedal Train board, and it held great.

I'm still waiting for my FC12, so I can't speak th that one, but I used velcro to attach my old MFC101, which has a similar weight to my board, and never had a problem. In fact, it was a bear to remove; I used a putty knife slid between the velcro layers to loosen them enough to pry them. I only had three strips of velcro, on a Pedal Train board, and it held great.
I don't think the concern was about weight but rather about the "feet". The bottom of the FC does not touch the pedal board ;)

Looking at this as well. I'm interested in the Temple Audio Design pedalboard system...this board has an interesting mounting system (quick release plates that mount to the pedal w/o velcro). The board (see link) is 12x34 and should be big enough for 2 Mission Pedals + FC-12. The have a pedalboard planner on their site...Also, need a bag/case to hold the board+pedals.

By using their pedalboard planner, I was able to estimate the layout (DUO34+FC12+2 Mission Pedals):
View attachment 46880
Anyone ever looked at these? Thx
Hi, this looks like what I need. I am moving from Axe FX II mk2 + MFC 101 to Axe FX III + FC-12. Have two mission pedals. Couple questions:

I went to templeplanner.com, but the list of pedals to add to the board did not include the FC-12 - how did you find it?

Which mounting plates did you decide on for this setup?

Any suggestions for a hard case such that I can leave everything setup on the DUO 34, and have it mounted to the bottom half of the case?

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom