What are the real-life versions of all the Axe-Fx III blocks?

Sorry if this has been asked and answered, I did a search but can't find anything.

Is there a list anywhere that shows all the cabs and amps etc... that are in the Axe III and what they are modelled based on?

I see videos from people saying this 'amp block' is based on a Diezel vh4 or EVH 5150 iii etc... Is there a place where all this information exists?

The same goes for boosters and effects etc... It would be great to see what the 'real-life' gear would be for a particular preset I've created within the Axe.

Thanks!

I do wish there was a bit more info about the Timmy, like, why there are two of them(?), but the guide has zero info and what version/setup of the King of Tone the Tone of Kings was modeled after (and/or how to achieve all the possible settings on both the Yellow and Red side and/or higher/normal gain configurations.

@yek , I'mma need you to drop whatever you're doing and crack this case :)

I do wish there was a bit more info about the Timmy, like, why there are two of them(?), but the guide has zero info and what version/setup of the King of Tone the Tone of Kings was modeled after (and/or how to achieve all the possible settings on both the Yellow and Red side and/or higher/normal gain configurations.

@yek , I'mma need you to drop whatever you're doing and crack this case :)

Did you get the latest version of the Guide (PDF)? The Timmies and Tone of Kings are covered. The Guide explains that there is no difference between both channels on a KoT (Yellow/Red), the user decides how to set them. The model covers a channel in OD mode.

...already answered most of your questions.
Ah. Yep. You're right. Re the Timmy, I think when it was first released there wasn't the notes about the symmetrical/asymmetrical clipping and when I looked yesterday it was still just a one-liner so I guess I assumed that nothing had changed. I do think it needs further explanation since it does not behave authentically to the actual Timmy pedal. Perhaps when I get a moment I'll jump in there and update it with explanation relative to the real Timmy. I know it's wrong, but there's a part of me still that feels like ONLY Yek has the power to edit it lol!

The Guide explains...
That's right. I remember that now. I think I wasn't' satisfied with the explanation so I must've blocked it out of my memory :D I remember some people swearing there was a difference between the red/yellow sides and between the higher/normal gain versions. Never owned every configuration to A/B them, so I'll never know if there's any truth to it at all :) Mike says there's no difference, so...

In any case, I think it's high time I review the actual PDF guide again!

Timmy has a treble cut, versus the III’s treble control. So that’s different. I have a Timmy BTW.

Timmy has a treble cut, versus the III’s treble control. So that’s different. I have a Timmy BTW.
Right. I no longer question it, in order to not piss off the powers that be any more, but it is important, IMO, to explain how it differs from an actual Timmy pedal.

I spoke with Paul Cochrane directly about this iteration/configuration, and it does not exist.
A quick google search reveals that there are 2 different official versions (this is from Paul himself). The tapers of the pots have also changed. Again, straight from Paul. Users have also reported that the OP amp has changed from time to time in the different coloured versions, but I didn't manage to find a quote from Paul stating this.

A quick google search reveals that there are 2 different official versions (this is from Paul himself). The tapers of the pots have also changed. Again, straight from Paul. Users have also reported that the OP amp has changed from time to time in the different coloured versions, but I didn't manage to find a quote from Paul stating this.
You're right, and he mentioned those in our conversation. However, it was explicitly clear that this configuration never has existed.

Back
Top Bottom