Finally gave in

1poorplayer

Power User
Youtube. I just couldn't take it anymore..LOL
I've been dealing with their : increasing annoying , ads , long enough, Premium subscriber now. Seems odd not having the constant commercials , but also HEAVENLY.
I'm probably the last one here to give in.
And I was just getting good at clicking after 5 seconds too. They know what they are doing.

I'm still resisting! The ads are very annoying, and I love Youtube but to be fair I am trying to cut down on the YT time and have more guitar love time (i.e. with me actually playing rather than watching someone else play).

I use Chrome with AdBlock and Adblock Plus extensions.

== Adblock ==
+ http://getadblock.com
++ Chrome Extension: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/adblock/gighmmpiobklfepjocnamgkkbiglidom

== Adblock Plus ==
+ http://adblockplus.org
++ Chrome Extension: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/adblock-plus-free-ad-bloc/cfhdojbkjhnklbpkdaibdccddilifddb

NOTE: Once you install the Extensions make sure to follow the steps below to Whitelist fractalaudio.com

== Adblock ==

+ Click the AdBlock icon in the upper right
+ Click the gear icon in the upper right
+ Click the Customize tab at the top
+ Click the arrow under Show ads on a webpage or domain
+ In the field type: fractalaudio.com
+ Click OK!

== Adblock Plus ==
+ Click the Adblock Plus icon in the upper right
+ Click the gear icon in the upper right
+ Click the Whitelisted websites tab on the left
+ In the field type: fractalaudio.com
+ Click ADD WEBSITE

Well - let me be the odd one here. And put my fat head into the shitstorm coming :D

If everybody is blocking ads and commercials on youtube - then youtube won't make any money - and there will not be any youtube - or it will be subscription only.

I think it's fine if you don't use youtube at all because of it's business strategy (or excessive data collection).

But anyone here would go on angry rants on whoever would propose "sharing" comercial cab packs or illegal downloading music (at least I hope they would).

But still anyone is fine with "stealing" the youtube services for free? That's pretty double standard in my book.

I can't get why you think you are entitled to do that?

Actually, I take that back. It does work on my computer. It must be all the late night youtubing on my phone that got me confused :D

Well - let me be the odd one here. And put my fat head into the shitstorm coming :D

If everybody is blocking ads and commercials on youtube - then youtube won't make any money - and there will not be any youtube - or it will be subscription only.

I think it's fine if you don't use youtube at all because of it's business strategy (or excessive data collection).

But anyone here would go on angry rants on whoever would propose "sharing" comercial cab packs or illegal downloading music (at least I hope they would).

But still anyone is fine with "stealing" the youtube services for free? That's pretty double standard in my book.

I can't get why you think you are entitled to do that?

I get it that youtube needs to make money, or that the creators need money. But when the ads are IN YOUR FACE and/or start playing automatically you just basically force people to install adblockers. When ads have basically become the online version of STD's can you blame people for looking for protection? Same with television, as soon as the ads come on the volume goes up by warpfactor earbleed. It's like they want for people to reach for their remotes to either switch channels or put on the mute function. And they know that people hate it, and yet they keep on doing it.

That's the problem with the modern business model. It's all about how can I get my money NOW, not about long term sustainability.

I get it that youtube needs to make money, or that the creators need money. But when the ads are IN YOUR FACE and/or start playing automatically you just basically force people to install adblockers. When ads have basically become the online version of STD's can you blame people for looking for protection? Same with television, as soon as the ads come on the volume goes up by warpfactor earbleed. It's like they want for people to reach for their remotes to either switch channels or put on the mute function. And they know that people hate it, and yet they keep on doing it.

That's the problem with the modern business model. It's all about how can I get my money NOW, not about long term sustainability.

Well - that's fair to a degree - but then don't watch it if it bothers you. You don't need to watch Youtube and no one is forcing you to. So the "protection" claim is false.

And unlike television Youtube is actually using loudness normalization.

And it seems that Youtube's business model so far is superior to all competitors ... but I would welcome any real competition in that field. It is really needed.

Just use Brave Browser. It's a privacy-centric browser. I discovered it a couple months ago. Its such a simple solution and feels very similar to Chrome anyway.

It's based on chromium, so the internals are largely the same. You can run most plugins from the chrome web store natively.

My brother in law (who’s a cop) said to me 10 years ago , - What , ..... you still pay for music ? I can download anything I want for free.
Knowing the countless hours of hard work it takes to create a single song , I told him we should have to pay at least a “dollar” for the song.

Those days are apparently gone.

Back
Top Bottom