York Audio "AC-212 Blue & Gold" Cab Pack is out now!

In the clip, the first example has a PEQ with a couple subtle upper mid cuts and a low pass at 9k. The second example is without the PEQ with the Cab Block cuts at 20hz-20k. I’m guessing putting the cuts at 80-10k will clear up a little low end and retain some of the U47 air.
Cool. Maybe my ears were wanting those upper mids?

Also, listening on some some $30 ear buds, so who knows :)

In the clip, the first example has a PEQ with a couple subtle upper mid cuts and a low pass at 9k. The second example is without the PEQ with the Cab Block cuts at 20hz-20k. I’m guessing putting the cuts at 80-10k will clear up a little low end and retain some of the U47 air.
this is ridiculously amazing, you pay 30 dollars for an amazing patch and you get personalised customer support, honestly I am so positively impressed on the quality and the service.
Top 10 Justin, you are a star, feel free to add me on facebook if you want.
I will record soon a proper demo with all the changes and a bit of effort playing :)

Man, I just got to try this out with my Bilt Volare with Lollar Imperial pickups, and it's awesome! Great preset! I really dig the Univibe in there as well. Such a cool underrated effect. I like the overall clarity even with humbuckers. Sounds like a killer AC-30 with just the right amount of grit when you dig in and cleans up nicely when I roll off my guitar's volume.

Thanks, glad you like it!

I’m using blue & gold mixes, sm58 & sm58 and sm58 & m160 for now. I also like single speaker and single mic, both speakers are very well captured!
Great combos, and thanks for the kind words. That Blue 58 and Gold 58 mix is one of my favorites.

I'm pleasantly surprised how good the 58 sounds!
Same here. The 58 takes the things I like about a 57 and just rounds it out a bit. Little smoother top end, little fuller in the mids, and gives familiarity while still feeling a little different.

I’m proud to present the York Audio AC-212 Blue & Gold Cab Pack for Fractal Audio Systems.
You can grab it here!
https://shop.fractalaudio.com/cab-packs/york-audio/

This Pack is based on a 1994 “Korg™ era” AC-30/6 TB amplifier loaded with the original Alnico Blue as well as a Celestion™ Alnico Gold. The Blue has all of the mid-forward focus and chime Class-A enthusiasts demand, while the Gold has deeper lows, even midrange, and an airy top end for more contemporary boutique Class-A tones.

Hear it here in the context of a full band. All guitars and analog synths were tracked through the Axe-Fx using AC-212 IR’s. The bass was also tracked with the Axe-Fx using the York Audio SV-210 bass Cab Pack. Listen to how the guitars retain their clarity and cut through a dense mix.

Here’s what the Cab Pack includes:

Min Phase .syx and Raw .ir files for mixing in Cab Lab
Quick Play folder with 8 hand-selected IR’s to get you playing and creating fast.
Producer Single Mic folder with some of my favorite single mic captures.
Tweak Geek folder with all captures of the amp for those who like to go deep with their total tweaking.

Included Mics:

Dynamic:
Shure™ SM57
Shure™ SM58
Vintage Sennheiser™ MD421
Sennheiser™ e906
Shure™ SM7B

Ribbon:
Royer™ R121
Beyerdynamic™ M160
Shure™ KSM313

Condenser:
Telefunken™ U47
Neumann TLM 49

Feel free to ask any questions!
-Justin

That is an awesome sound....
Man I really dig the sound you have going there I really dig it...
York you really come up with some really great sounds. I’m glad your sharing this stuff with everyone..
Thanks from one of your fans in the Florida Panhandle :eek::)

I just found out that after a cab shootout, Jimmy Eat World are now using the AC-212 pack for their live clean tones! I can’t wait to see them this summer and hear these bad boys in action.

Thank you to everyone who has already picked up the Pack. I really appreciate your support.

Here's an example of the clarity and definition you get from these IRs
Really recommend them and @York Audio offer a top post purchasing service!!

Thanks Rafa! Sounding great, man! Is that with your outboard treble booster?

Very cool great sound and playing. I think that sound would be awesome on some Steve Miller songs.
What pack was that from?
That’s from the AC212 Blue and Gold pack. There’s a link to it in the first post of this thread if you’re interested.

That’s from the AC212 Blue and Gold pack. There’s a link to it in the first post of this thread if you’re interested.
Hey thanks for that information I’ll check out the link.
AC212 Blue and Gold Pack
Thank you.

Yep is with the external treble booster, Axe one doesn’t sound as dinámico when you roll down the guitar knob to get cleans imo

Still so amazed with this pack.

Quick question mate, I own a real Morgan AC20 Deluxe that is loaded with G12H75 Creamback speaker

If I want to get the closest speaker in your pack either one of combining several IR, what do you recommend me to go for please?

Cheers

Rafa

Still so amazed with this pack.

Quick question mate, I own a real Morgan AC20 Deluxe that is loaded with G12H75 Creamback speaker

If I want to get the closest speaker in your pack either one of combining several IR, what do you recommend me to go for please?

Cheers

Rafa
If you have a good microphone or two, a direct box, a mic preamp, a solid state power amp, and a little time, you coud capture an IR of your own speaker.

Back
Top Bottom