Using Axe-Fx for band

Calin Iordache

Hello,

I was thinking if it is possible to have all my band members (2 guitars + 1 bass) through the same device. I see there are 4 inputs and for outputs and the software somehow permits doing this.

Is the CPU powerful enough? Do i need all my instruments on the same output or it is ok to have them on 3 outputs?

Thank you!

Hello,

I was thinking if it is possible to have all my band members (2 guitars + 1 bass) through the same device. I see there are 4 inputs and for outputs and the software somehow permits doing this.

Is the CPU powerful enough? Do i need all my instruments on the same output or it is ok to have them on 3 outputs?

Thank you!
Cpu is powerful enough, but sadly you're limited to 2 simultaneous amp blocks . . So you may have to use bass with only drives and comps etc... Could work

Welcome to the forum!

Yes you can make use of the 4 inputs for your band mates, however:
1) CPU load depends on how complex you build your preset. The more blocks you use the more CPU you use, so this depends on what you want to do for each member.
2) There are only 2 amp blocks (and 2 cab blocks), so 2 of you will need to share an amp block and this is not a good idea because you might get unexpected results
3) The bass you might be able to route through without an Amp block (so the 2 other guitarists would have an Amp block each)
4) You would have to think carefully about who uses the floor controller

Hello,

Thank you!

Yes, you can have 2 guitars running through an Amp Block each. Since you can only have no more than 2 Amp+Cab Blocks, the bass can't have an Amp for itself: it's limited to few Blocks like Comp, or EQ, or Drive. It depends on which block you're using for the two guitars, as a single preset has a limited number of Blocks of the same type you can use simultaneously.

As far as the outputs are concerned, I think it's better when each instrument has its own output - think about stage monitors and FOH each with its own mix (more control). Also, it's easier to adjust output volumes on the fly with the front panel knobs, rather than editing the Mixer Block.

3 amp blocks is in the wish list for fractal developments, they was asking for reasons to include it, i think this is a nice one reason, we hope they can bring it to the III, and your dream will come true.

A third cab block will be needed too.

3 amp blocks is in the wish list for fractal developments, they was asking for reasons to include it, i think this is a nice one reason, we hope they can bring it to the III, and your dream will come true.

A third cab block will be needed too.
@FractalAudio has stated that 3 amp blocks isn’t going to happen. the quality would suffer too much.

Back
Top Bottom