Touring preset breakdown

Thanks for sharing. I have a couple of questions. You mentioned that you use two Roland jazz choruses in stereo... isn't a single one in stereo by itself or are you running each one in mono and then using the stereo output from the AX8? Also I see that Julio has some stage monitors in front of him. Couldn't he hear the whole FOH mix through those (or mix the guitars in them to his taste), thus making the Jazz Chorus amps unnecessary? Relying on the amps seems much more uncontrolled to me, and his ability to hear them will be dependent on his location on the stage.

Thanks for sharing. I have a couple of questions. You mentioned that you use two Roland jazz choruses in stereo... isn't a single one in stereo by itself or are you running each one in mono and then using the stereo output from the AX8? Also I see that Julio has some stage monitors in front of him. Couldn't he hear the whole FOH mix through those (or mix the guitars in them to his taste), thus making the Jazz Chorus amps unnecessary? Relying on the amps seems much more uncontrolled to me, and his ability to hear them will be dependent on his location on the stage.
i totally agree with you, but these old school guys have a whole different way of doing things and no one will change it. In his wedges he has his voice and sequences. Then he tells each musician to turn up or turn down and he hears a “surround sound” version of the mix. Imagine the nightmare that this is for the FOH engineer. Julio constantly asks me, and the keyboard player to turn up and down according to what he wants to hear in each song and thats why the amps arent mic’d. Otherwise the FOH guy would get sudden peaks in guitar, keys, etc.

i totally agree with you, but these old school guys have a whole different way of doing things and no one will change it. In his wedges he has his voice and sequences. Then he tells each musician to turn up or turn down and he hears a “surround sound” version of the mix. Imagine the nightmare that this is for the FOH engineer. Julio constantly asks me, and the keyboard player to turn up and down according to what he wants to hear in each song and thats why the amps arent mic’d. Otherwise the FOH guy would get sudden peaks in guitar, keys, etc.

Thanks for the reply - if it works for him and you, that's all that matters. I'd love to see some screenshots of your delay and multi delay settings if you get a chance.

Sounded fantastic...I use the exact same two amps currently (except yours sound better than mine). Love your note selection; some of the phrases you play remind me of the Jeff Beck "Wired" album.

@camilovelandiamusic So cool and very interesting reading your comments to the other forum members - I love to read about things that happen in real-life big gigs like this. Thanks so much for taking the time to share with us!

Back
Top Bottom