Looking for short balanced right angled cables for FC6 to EV2...

count_chocolat

Experienced
I've used some Neutrik but they are pretty bulky, plugging more than 2 in the FC can be problematic. Any recommendation that would be narrow.

“Balanced” is not needed for expression pedal cables.

Are TRS not considered "balanced" cables? I thought they were...
Anything that has two conductors and a surrounding ground shield can pass a balanced signal. Technically TRS is the connection type. And balanced refers to the signal being sent along the wires -- it's balanced if a phase inverted signal is being sent along the secondary conductor to be used for noise rejection at the recieving end.

Are TRS not considered "balanced" cables? I thought they were...
When a cable is intended to carry a balanced signal, the manufacturer takes care to make sure that both signal conductors are exposed to the same amount of electromagnetic interference. That's what makes noise rejection work for balanced signals.

For expression pedals, noise rejection doesn't matter. Shielding doesn't matter. There just have to be three conductors connected end to end. So they can be made more cheaply.

In practice, most TRS cables are designed to carry balanced signals.

https://btpa.com

Tell them I sent you!

I have several of their cables and have been happy with them, but the BTPA cable I had for my wireless unit went bad, and after a failed attempt at a field repair to re-solder a loose conductor, I contacted them via email for an RMA to get the cable repaired under their lifetime warranty. (I knew I could replace it elsewhere for less than the cost of shipping, and even told them I'd be willing to pay for parts if it was something I'd messed up in my attempted repair. But I wanted it fixed right and professionally.) After two or three attempts to get their service department to respond to my emails, I gave up and purchased elsewhere.

Back
Top Bottom