[fixed] Axe-Fx III won't boot - recovery options aren't working.

Senor Forum

For the record, I created a support ticket, but I saw another thread about this same thing, so I figured I'd see if anyone else has any ideas in the interim.

So, I got my Axe Fx III the other day from Fractal, new, which had 5.02. Fractalbot prompted me to update to 5.03 today. It transferred the file just fine, but then errored out with an error 28.

I rebooted it, and it just sits on a blank screen.

I then followed the manual recovery steps multiple times. The same error happens when I try to update in the emergency mode. I even tried downloading 5.02 and going back to that - no dice.

So basically the Axe is now a brick.

Anyone else have this issue and have a fix? I'd obviously prefer to not send it back and wait multiple days to see it again.

So you have performed the following nd it did not help?
  1. Power down the unit and wait five seconds.
  2. Power on holding both PAGE LEFT and PAGE RIGHT buttons until the Emergency Utility page appears.
Do you have a copy of an older Firmware like your 5.02? If not you can get it from this link.

www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/axe-fx-3/5p0/axefxiii_dsp_rel_5p02.zip

Download it to a folder, unzip, load Fractal Bot load the file, install the firmware. See if it resurrects your AXE FX III.

Back
Top Bottom