Axe-Fx II "Ares" Rev 1.03 Firmware Release

Lately, I have been finding that each time a new Axe Edit is available for the XL+ and I start the install/update process that it always uninstalls the Axe Edit for my Ultra.

This just started happening with the latest ones (I believe the last two or three Axe Edit updates).

Fortunately, I saved the Axe Edit for the Ultra so it just takes a few minutes to install it again and not really a big deal but I thought I should mention it here for those Ultra users that might not have noticed this has happened to them yet.

Could this be fixed in the next Axe Edit update? I am fine with just re-installing it again for my Ultra but I thought I should mention it just in case it's something the programmers are not considering about the Ultra and it might be an easy fix.

I know the Ultra community is getting smaller and we are the minority now but we are still here and we want to be acknowledged :)

What Rex said. There are tons of stuff under the hood that we have no access to, and that's not a problem.

Reach out, turn a knob and make things happen. If it's too loud, turn it down, too soft, turn it up, too much gain, turn it down, etc....

Presets sound different with each firmware, this one is very distinct. Just get used to it and move on - we're not getting any more firmware anyways, so just play and use what sounds good.....if you like svt2 then play svt2......if it was called bassamp8 would it make a difference? What about Roundsound4? No difference-plug it in, twist a knob till it sounds good and makes you smile.....

If Cliff had named Skullcrusher 'crusher of skulls' I'm guessing there would be a huge discussion about that too?

Life's too short - select an amp, twist a knob and just have fun people!

I’m stuck getting my Axe8 ready for a gig. Still my Axe II gently weeps, waiting for me to return.

Lately, I have been finding that each time a new Axe Edit is available for the XL+ and I start the install/update process that it always uninstalls the Axe Edit for my Ultra.

This just started happening with the latest ones (I believe the last two or three Axe Edit updates).

Fortunately, I saved the Axe Edit for the Ultra so it just takes a few minutes to install it again and not really a big deal but I thought I should mention it here for those Ultra users that might not have noticed this has happened to them yet.

Could this be fixed in the next Axe Edit update? I am fine with just re-installing it again for my Ultra but I thought I should mention it just in case it's something the programmers are not considering about the Ultra and it might be an easy fix.

I know the Ultra community is getting smaller and we are the minority now but we are still here and we want to be acknowledged :)
I have Axe Edit for the III, II,and Ultra all running simultaneously. I had no problems. Try installing the Ultra version in a folder other than the default.

What Rex said. There are tons of stuff under the hood that we have no access to, and that's not a problem.

Reach out, turn a knob and make things happen. If it's too loud, turn it down, too soft, turn it up, too much gain, turn it down, etc....

Presets sound different with each firmware, this one is very distinct. Just get used to it and move on - we're not getting any more firmware anyways, so just play and use what sounds good.....if you like svt2 then play svt2......if it was called bassamp8 would it make a difference? What about Roundsound4? No difference-plug it in, twist a knob till it sounds good and makes you smile.....

If Cliff had named Skullcrusher 'crusher of skulls' I'm guessing there would be a huge discussion about that too?

Life's too short - select an amp, twist a knob and just have fun people!

I agree with you on this Jon

I also have 3 versions of Axe Edit running (Ultra, II, III). I never use
default directories for any program. Whenever I update Axe Edit III,
it always uninstalls the previous version of III, but leaves the other 2 alone.
They are not in default locations either.

Guys, i scanned for the answer, but still have a question - I am about to auto-upgrade to latest Axe-Edit and it says i must have Ares 5.00 or newer in my AxeFX. Is that what we want for Axe-II with Ares 1.03 ?

Guys, i scanned for the answer, but still have a question - I am about to auto-upgrade to latest Axe-Edit and it says i must have Ares 5.00 or newer in my AxeFX. Is that what we want for Axe-II with Ares 1.03 ?
No, you want to download Axe-Edit (gen 2) for Axe FX II FRACTAL SITE GO TO: SUPPORT, EDITORS, AXE EDIT (GEN2)

Sounds like you have a ii and are trying to use Axe iii edit, is that right?

Sounds like you have a ii and are trying to use Axe iii edit, is that right?
Well i have a II but I just let my Axe-Edit auto-update for the II and it warns about being Ares 5.00.

i went where Flav suggested and it updated OK but it still warns to have at least AXE II Ares 5.00 o_O

Back
Top Bottom