Harmoniser Key change.

andyp13

Power User
Is there a quick way of changing the Key of the Harmoniser (I use a GT16).
I use the harmoniser which is set to key of A. But would like to use it in some other songs in different keys (should the moment take me). Is there a quick way that would also display the Key I’m in etc... or should this go in the wish list section.

i use channels for different keys/scales then access them via scenes. that would give you 4 choices per pitch block (8 if you use 2 blocks). you could also use a control switch assigned to shift either separately or in conjunction with scenes. just depends how many keys/scales you want instant access to within a single preset

One way is to make several copies of the preset in different keys, and include the key in the preset names.

One way is to make several copies of the preset in different keys, and include the key in the preset names.

I considered that but if I need to make an adjustment to a setting, for example adjust the volume difference between my clean sound and my solo sound - I would then need to go through each preset to make the same adjustments.
I use the Scene +/- during the showetc...

Understandable, Once my scene levels are set, they're set. I have never touched a parameter at a gig, so I hadn't considered that.

Bakerman's suggestion should work. You just need an extra switch (maybe a momentary). Just press and hold the switch, play the note for the scale that you wish to use, and release the switch.

Not sure how the 'Scene +/-' function will affect the original 'saved' key of the preset? Since I think that it saves the preset each time that it's used

Bakerman's suggestion should work. You just need an extra switch (maybe a momentary). Just press and hold the switch, play the note for the scale that you wish to use, and release the switch.

Not sure how the 'Scene +/-' function will affect the original 'saved' key of the preset? Since I think that it saves the preset each time that it's used

I will look at dedicating a switch on my GT16 to ‘Learn’ and see how it goes...

Select Key with right mouse button
Select in Source the external control (1 - 16)
Each external control corresponds with a CC number (CC#)
I use External 9
This corresponds with CC# 19
Then in your pedal send the following command for each Key:
CC19 with Value 0 - 127
000: A
012: A#/BbB
023: B
034: C
045: C#/db
056: D
067: D#/Eb
078: E
089: F
100: F#/Gb
111: G
122: G#/Ab

I'm not familiar with the GT16 but usually, if you can prgram Midi commands it's always Channel# / CC# / Value
So if you want a Key of C for instance it would be:
Channel 01 / CC# 009 (for external control 9) / Value: 034
Hope this helps

Select Key with right mouse button
Select in Source the external control (1 - 16)
Each external control corresponds with a CC number (CC#)
I use External 9
This corresponds with CC# 19
Then in your pedal send the following command for each Key:
CC19 with Value 0 - 127
000: A
012: A#/BbB
023: B
034: C
045: C#/db
056: D
067: D#/Eb
078: E
089: F
100: F#/Gb
111: G
122: G#/Ab

I'm not familiar with the GT16 but usually, if you can prgram Midi commands it's always Channel# / CC# / Value
So if you want a Key of C for instance it would be:
Channel 01 / CC# 009 (for external control 9) / Value: 034
Hope this helps

Wow, thanks for that - its a little beyond me is that - :-(

Is it the RJM GT-16 you got?
yes :)

I may try the 'Learn' on the harmoniser - if I dedicate a GT16 switch to on/off to the Learn on the Axe III that would probably do it.... I guess I would just need to somehow find out which CC No the learn is on or somehow find a number that isnt already used - any ideas how to do that?

:)

Aha, then this is simple:
I used macro's but you can program this in a button:
Button Mode: Normal
Type: IA
Action Type: CC Toggle
Device: Axe-Fx III
CC Number: 19*
Off Value: none
On Value: here you type the value for the Key ( 0 for A,....)

* This is for my setup with External Control 9 attached to Key.
If you attach External Control 1 to Key, you should set this to 11

Last edited:
Aha, then this is simple:
I used macro's but you can program this in a button:
Button Mode: Normal
Type: IA
Action Type: CC Toggle
Device: Axe-Fx III
CC Number: 19*
Off Value: none
On Value: here you type the value for the Key ( 0 for A,....)

* This is for my setup with External Control 9 attached to Key.
If you attach External Control 1 to Key, you should set this to 11

Wow, thanks for this.... when you said 0 for A etc... will I not be able to set a switch to momentary so I can hold down the switch to to activate listen and play a note (G for example) and then when I release the switch the ‘listen’ is deactivated and I’m in the key of G.

How did you know the ‘listen’ is on CC19? Is there a list of CC’s for the III

Assign an External Control as "learn" modifier in the pitch block. Locate that Ext Ctrl in I/O menu and set it to the same CC# as your switch.

Assign an External Control as "learn" modifier in the pitch block. Locate that Ext Ctrl in I/O menu and set it to the same CC# as your switch.

In the Pitch Block (using the Axe Edit) I right click on the Learn and the Modifier comes up. In the Source I have selected External 9.
In the GT16 software I selected
CC momentary
Axe FX III
CC 19 (which is External 9)
Off value - None
On value - 127

Nothing happens when I press the switch.

Back
Top Bottom