York Audio "AC-212 Blue & Gold" Cab Pack is out now!

Do you still have your order page up? When I did the test transaction, the page came up with the order number and there was a link to download the files on that page in the receipt window. I didn’t have to wait for an email this time, so you may be able to get the files there.

Doesn't matter, if you're logged into your account and payment was processed the download link would be there. I'm sure it will be handled in the morning, no worries.

Edit: and it was, got it!

Last edited:
I don’t have a Brian May guitar or external Treble Booster, but my guess is that you’d like the darker 58, 421, 906 or U47 Blue captures for that kind of sound. Without the guitar, I don’t have a reference to give you more specific recommendations, but I’ve definitely felt Brian May vibes with my own guitars. If you get the Pack, try the 2A, 2B, and 2G positions with the 58, 421, and 906 mics. Try distances 3 and 4 with the U47 (probably C3 or G3) and see what works the best with your hands. And don’t be afraid to blend IR’s.

This is when I wish people could just come to my house and we’d dial in tones together. Makes it so much easier than guessing. And I also with I had that guitar. I bet it sounds really unique.
thanks for your explanation.
I ordered the pack and waiting now to be processed and emailed at some point today I guess.
I will let you know how it goes, when you say mix IRs is it via cab lab or importing them directly as different cabs on the AXE FX? I have never use cab lab tho
Many thanks

Doesn't matter, if you're logged into your account and payment was processed the download link would be there. I'm sure it will be handled in the morning, no worries.

Edit: and it was, got it!
Nice! I'm glad it went through for you!

thanks for your explanation.
I ordered the pack and waiting now to be processed and emailed at some point today I guess.
I will let you know how it goes, when you say mix IRs is it via cab lab or importing them directly as different cabs on the AXE FX? I have never use cab lab tho
Many thanks
I sent you a PM.

Thought I'd share the edits I made to Justin's preset. I used a LP with vintage PAF's thru a CLR cab to tweak for live. Scene names include IR's I used. You'll need his cab pack ;-)

Attachments

• AC30TB-YA-Vinatge PAF's.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 18
I need to say is a fully recommended cab pack.
Without any tweak improves a lot my AC30 path. Justin had an amazing customer service, as he has a massive amount of IRs I asked him the tone I wanted and shared my patch and in literally 10 minutes he told me which IRs to combine and we had it, spot on.
Amazing one

Thought I'd share the edits I made to Justin's preset. I used a LP with vintage PAF's thru a CLR cab to tweak for live. Scene names include IR's I used. You'll need his cab pack ;-)
Can’t wait to check this out with my Les Paul! I played a Strat in the clip, so I’m curious to see your adjustments.

I need to say is a fully recommended cab pack.
Without any tweak improves a lot my AC30 path. Justin had an amazing customer service, as he has a massive amount of IRs I asked him the tone I wanted and shared my patch and in literally 10 minutes he told me which IRs to combine and we had it, spot on.
Amazing one
Thank you, Rafa. It was a pleasure working on your preset with you. It sounds awesome!

This is the "YA 212 AC-BLU 58 2A+GLD 313 E1" from the Blends folder.

It is just the first IR that I try from this pack, at random. Preset created in 1 minute, but I have already spent 3 hours playing with it, and recorded this:

Attachments

• YorkAudio212.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

Here is a test of my Brian May Patch with YA 212 cabs, I need to say I was very satisfied with the legacy IR sound but I really prefer this one.
I am doing an A/B test on the same preset with a PEQ on or off, as the PEQ filter some frequencies and make it either softer or slightly harsh, not sure which one of both I prefer but I just love @York Audio IR and I fully recommend it

Man, I just got to try this out with my Bilt Volare with Lollar Imperial pickups, and it's awesome! Great preset! I really dig the Univibe in there as well. Such a cool underrated effect. I like the overall clarity even with humbuckers. Sounds like a killer AC-30 with just the right amount of grit when you dig in and cleans up nicely when I roll off my guitar's volume.

This is the "YA 212 AC-BLU 58 2A+GLD 313 E1" from the Blends folder.

It is just the first IR that I try from this pack, at random. Preset created in 1 minute, but I have already spent 3 hours playing with it, and recorded this:

I like your preset as well. I had to lower the Cab Block preamp drive and saturation a touch for my guitar, but I thought it sounded really good! I wasn't expecting to see the Vibrato Verb or the Triptik, but I think they work nicely. It's like the AC-30 gives you the tonal filter you want, and the amp model gives you the attack and grit that feels good under the fingers.

Here is a test of my Brian May Patch with YA 212 cabs, I need to say I was very satisfied with the legacy IR sound but I really prefer this one.
I am doing an A/B test on the same preset with a PEQ on or off, as the PEQ filter some frequencies and make it either softer or slightly harsh, not sure which one of both I prefer but I just love @York Audio IR and I fully recommend it

Are you using a coin like Brian May does? To my ears, it sounds good loud, but try the PEQ off, and set your Cab Block Low Cut to 80Hz and your high cut to 10k and see how that feels to you. If you want to keep the PEQ on, I would raise the high cut a little bit so you still get a little more of the sizzle that comes with a tube amp on 10. That's all personal preference though and you gotta stick with what sounds great to YOUR ears.

Of course I use the coin, tribute guitar players have no personality lol
I will try to take the filter out and adjust the cab block as you suggest mate, thanks!!!!

I listened to about half of your clip. I preferred the 2nd example in every case... I'm assuming that was PEQ on?

I listened to about half of your clip. I preferred the 2nd example in every case... I'm assuming that was PEQ on?
In the clip, the first example has a PEQ with a couple subtle upper mid cuts and a low pass at 9k. The second example is without the PEQ with the Cab Block cuts at 20hz-20k. I’m guessing putting the cuts at 80-10k will clear up a little low end and retain some of the U47 air.

Back
Top Bottom