"Somebody Get Me A Doctor" - Quick cover

no replies yet?? I'll be the first:

Van Halen rules! Tell us more about the guitar. Is it a DIY build? The trem looks like one of the ones they use on the Suhr's.

Is the recording via iPhone capturing your ASC-10?

no replies yet?? I'll be the first:

Van Halen rules! Tell us more about the guitar. Is it a DIY build? The trem looks like one of the ones they use on the Suhr's.

Is the recording via iPhone capturing your ASC-10?
Totes!!

Guitar is a DIY. The body is from my very first guitar (a red squire), Gotoh 510ts tremolo (I picked it because it’s on suhrs and it’s amazing), neck is a warmoth bargin closeout, DiMarzio evo 2 bridge, evolution neck, etc. I just love my red guitar.

Audio is iPhone capturing sounds from Friedman ASC-10. I ran AX8 into xlr input, and a line out from my iPad into the 1/4 playing the backing track of the song minus original guitar.

lol. Nail it!!! Good guesses huh?

I've been itching to do a DIY and there is a local guy who buys squires, relic's them and makes them really nice to play. I could also mod a Harley Benton body since they're dirt cheap. If you've ever jammed to Elevated Jam tracks on YouTube, then you've probably seen some of the relic'd Strats w/ the Floyds and yellow, tobacco stained pickups that just look really cool, IMO. I'd love to do a build like that although that would make my Charvel disposable. Which I guess isn't all that bad if I get the same thing or better out of something I've built.

Where did you get a backing VH track minus guitar? That sound like a lotta fun.

lol. Nail it!!! Good guesses huh?

I've been itching to do a DIY and there is a local guy who buys squires, relic's them and makes them really nice to play. I could also mod a Harley Benton body since they're dirt cheap. If you've ever jammed to Elevated Jam tracks on YouTube, then you've probably seen some of the relic'd Strats w/ the Floyds and yellow, tobacco stained pickups that just look really cool, IMO. I'd love to do a build like that although that would make my Charvel disposable. Which I guess isn't all that bad if I get the same thing or better out of something I've built.

Where did you get a backing VH track minus guitar? That sound like a lotta fun.

DIY is great. If you can find a 90s body strat, squires are a little thicker than today’s offerings. And they are super cheap. Neck pocket can be tricky, but a finding a quality luthier to do a setup and even a little extra work (most of them will put more overall effort if you get more than simply a setup), with quality parts you should be fine.

Backing track I found on YouTube. So I played the video through an irig2 and used that as the interface into the Friedman.

That ASC-10 sounds killer!! I absolutely love mine. Sounds so much like a cab, it’s really light years ahead of everything I’ve tried, and I’ve literally tried them all. Great job! Where’s the preset?

That ASC-10 sounds killer!! I absolutely love mine. Sounds so much like a cab, it’s really light years ahead of everything I’ve tried, and I’ve literally tried them all. Great job! Where’s the preset?
Ill throw up the preset tonight when I get home. It’s the same preset I use when playing at church too.

I agree on the asc-10, cured my amp In the room fever.

Which IR's?
It’s greenback with a 57 I think. Pick any of the free ones and it should work great. This one is a free York audio I found on @2112 YouTube channel. Great place to learn and grab other killer presets.

The preset isn’t magical, most any early evh kind of preset will get you to the ballpark.

It’s greenback with a 57 I think. Pick any of the free ones and it should work great. This one is a free York audio I found on @2112 YouTube channel. Great place to learn and grab other killer presets.

The preset isn’t magical, most any early evh kind of preset will get you to the ballpark.

I have a few killer presets myself, I just like seeing and hearing what other guys are using, especially when using the same speaker. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom