HELP with set up

Nigelguitar

I have purchased axe fx 2 xl+ i run it through matrix GT1000FX-2u into matrix FR12 passive cab
also have Yamaha DXR 10 just to see if its any better...guitars Gibson LP/Fender Strat
the sound i get is better than any other multi effects unit to be sure but it still sounds nothing like i hear on you tube....thats a different league ...in fact it sounds poor...it cant be the equipment it must be how i set it up
if there is anyone out there that lives in or near Cheshire and could give me advice and even lessons on setting this equipment up I would be happy to pay or your expert advice.
Nigel 07977 923 298

So many factors here. For one, what kind of youtube vids are we talking about? How were they recorded. If some guy was demoing a tone by going directly into a recording interface it WILL sound differently then setup. If only because there is a certain amount of amp in the room feel when you use a cabinet.

Yes i understand what you are hearing is probably not the sound in the room in some cases but i thought with FRFR speakers what you hear is that miked sound when you use the amp and speaker cab & mike sims with the axe fx

Hi Nigel,

Have you tried;
-Back up all presets and system settings with fractalbot
-Reset system settings
-Make sure amplifier and cabinet modeling are on (it’s in the manual.. I don’t have the 2 anymore or I’d tell you how)
-Select one of the factory presets (bass guy 65) is a nice straight preset

Try that and see if it comes to life for you - hope so!
Thanks
Pauly

I'd probably do a system reset, download the factory presets and the latest firmware and you should be fine.

If the factory presets don't sound great, something else may be amiss.....but I'd start from there

A couple other points to note, ensure at your loudest strums that the input meters tickle the red, and set the input source to 'auto' for now till you get a good sound

Also, just to clarify, you have your guitar plugged straight into the front input and are using out 1 into the matrix?

thank you for your comments ...my clean sounds are good..but as soon as I go to crunch or over driven for rock etc they all sound the same ish and all very nasal sounding ...i have the right gear so it could be how i set it up....do you have the axe fx on full volume and use amp to control volume or the other way around etc...there must be something in my chain thats not right (beside me being poor player)

the wah block is off never use a wah the sound i get dosnt sound quite like a wah but it dose sound if something is preventing the strings to sing even just with an amp and cab sim only and no effects used it sounds impaired if that makes sense
its a pitty i cant find someone that lives in my area that could show me how to set it up correctly (Manchester)

This forum is great and ive learnt a lot...but I would still like to find someone who lives in my are Cheshire/Manchester that I could receive personal tuition in setup etc...i have AXE FX II XL+ with Matrix Power Amp + Matrix FRFR speaker cab..if anyone out there has same setup and can achieve a great sound....please contact me 07977 923 298 I would be willing to pay for a setup lesson...Nigel (Knutsford)

Back
Top Bottom